Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside: Overview and Rooms

by on July 11, 2017 26 Comments

Filed under: Resorts, Trip Planning, Video, Walt Disney World (FL)

Hello wonderful readers!

It’s been a couple of weeks (computer issues…ba humbug), but I’m back with a new video.

Join me down the bayou as I take you through Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, a moderate resort in Walt Disney World.

Disclaimer: I filmed this at night after a very long day…there was a lot of singing. I apologize.

Have any video suggestions for me? Want me to cut down on the singing? Let me know in the comments!

Posted on July 11, 2017

26 Responses to “Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside: Overview and Rooms”

• …and some of the standard rooms can sleep up to five.

• by Angela Dahlgren on July 11, 2017, at 5:12 pm EDT

Yes! I forgot to mention the Murphy beds as well. Thank you for pointing that out!

– Angela

• The singing was great (I do that too).

• Yes please to a segment on POFQ. Love that place and would like to know more.

• I think there needs to be more singing.

Have you thought of doing a duet with Len?

• I would like to hear from someone (at least 5’5″) how the Murphy bed is. We’ve got a 15 yr old I’m not sure that bed would be suitable for. That’s the only thing keeping me from staying here…

• The Murphy bed is awesome! My 5’10 son ended up sleeping on it. He loved it!!! I wasn’t expecting it to be so nice!!

• by Angela Dahlgren on July 12, 2017, at 10:37 am EDT

Cynthia,

That’s great to hear! I’ve been told that it’s more suitable for young children, but 5’10? That definitely broadens the age range. Thanks for letting us know!

Angela

• Awesome! Can the royal rooms hold 5? (Here’s hoping). Also what’s the food and the pools like?

• Unfortunately, I think all the rooms that sleep five are in Alligator Bayou, and there no royal rooms in those buildings. One nice thing about the pools is that you can share with French Quarter’s. For more info on both Riverside and French Quarter, here’s a good site… http://www.portorleans.org/

• by Angela Dahlgren on July 12, 2017, at 10:36 am EDT

Jerad, you’re on a role answering these questions. Thanks so much for replying to Robin and Lori!

Lori,

Like he said, only rooms in the Alligator Bayou area hold five. It’s because of the fold-down Murphy beds they have.

I have a video coming next week on the pools, dining and recreation. Stay tuned, and thanks for watching!

Angela

• by Holly Hagelin on July 12, 2017, at 9:59 am EDT

We’re heading down to WDW this coming Nov and will, once again, stay at Port Orleans Riverside ( our fourth time )
    We looked ( and researched ) long and hard before picking PO-R as our resort and we have never regretted it.
    First two trips we were in Acadian House ( just hubby and me ) but our last trip we had our son, his two teens and another teen granddaughter with us and we were in building 27 of Alligator Bayou. We much preferred the Bayou and requested a room in that part for this coming trip.
    The whole resort is very relaxing; with shady paths, benches for watching the activities on the river and not only an exceptional food court, but Boatwrights has an outstanding menu, reflecting the deep Southern vibe of the resort.
    I always recommend PO-R to anyone thinking of visiting WDW and am getting more excited as the time of our trip gets closer!!!

• by Angela Dahlgren on July 12, 2017, at 10:44 am EDT

Holly,

From the people I’ve talked with, the special features at POR sometimes make people who stay at Deluxe resorts reconsider their options. Guests love it that much!

It sounds like you’ve made a home at Riverside. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Angela

• Hey, great video!! We stayed at por last September and loved it:) Our upcoming stay this December will be at csr. Could you please do a video tutorial on room finder. I have tried it, but have difficulty viewing room views once I click on buildings. Thanks for all you do!!

• by Angela Dahlgren on July 12, 2017, at 11:10 am EDT

Thanks Terrae!

Of course I will do a room finder video. Adding it to my list!

Angela

• Angela – Please do a video for POFQ and the room finder feature!

Thanks!