Update: we’ve received so many applications that we’re going to set a deadline of midnight Friday, May 30, for submission. I apologize to anyone who can’t make this, but I need to have time to give each one the consideration it deserves. Thanks for your understanding.
Do you love Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Universal Orlando, or Disney Cruise Line? Want to write about it? Want to get PAID to write about it? We’d like to hear from you.
In addition to having a passion for the destinations we cover, we’re looking for folks who:
- Can write clearly within the style of our blog with few to no grammatical or spelling mistakes.
- Are able to commit to at least one 500-1000 word article per week for the next 6 months.
- Have a love for fact-based articles about theme parks.
- Are able to write candidly and objectively about Disney or Universal without veering off into hyperbole.
- Are willing to not just write, but answer questions from readers in the comments section of an article after it’s published.
- Are interested in or have experience with Google Analytics – we measure the viewer metrics for all our authors and encourage authors to focus on articles that appeal to our readers.
- Maintain a professional, friendly presence on social media (both your own and for TouringPlans).
- Understand SEO and know why it’s important.
- Know how to produce articles in WordPress or are willing to learn.
- Are comfortable with photography. You don’t need to have a huge camera, but you should be able to compose and edit a photo that doesn’t look amateurish. Camera phones are fine.
- The ability to produce short videos is a plus.
Read the rest of this entry »