Now that we’ve covered the basics of Disney pools in general, let’s get into the specific pool situation at each resort. First up are the Disney value level resorts: All-Star Movies, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation, and Pop Century. Here’s the scoop on the pools at these hotels.
- How many pools are there? Two.
- What is the pool themeing? The main Fantasia pool features elements from the film “Fantasia,” notably a Sorcerer Mickey statue which shoots streams of water into the center of the pool. The smaller Mighty Ducks pool features hockey themeing such as larger than life sticks and a faux goal net.
- What’s the kiddie pool situation? There is one shallow kiddie pool with an adjacent water spray feature. This is located to the immediate right of the Fantasia pool, as you face the main Cinema Hall building.
- Are there water slides? No.
- Is there a nearby playground? There is a playground, located a bit away from the pool, near the Toy Story section of the resort.
- What’s the nearest food option? The Silver Screen Spirits bar is next to the Fantasia pool. For a full menu, go inside Cinema Hall to the World Premier Food Court. There are no food options near the Mighty Ducks pool.
- Are there showers at pool? Yes. There are locker rooms with showers next to both pools.
- Are there hot tubs? No.
- Are there towels available at the pool? No. You are welcome to use the towels from your room while you’re at the pool.
- How deep is the pool? Both pools are five feet at their deepest point.
- Is there are zero entry pools? No.
- Are poolside cabanas available? No.
- Are there poolside activities? Yes. All activities take place at the Fantasia pool area. There is one poolside ping-pong table. Schedules may vary seasonally, but recently there were planned events from 1:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. every afternoon, plus a movie under the stars in the evening. Events may include: Mickey Bean Bag toss, Twister, Musical Dots, Dance Party, Bingo, Treasure Hunt, and others.
- Anything else? Laundry facilities are available next to both pools.
Read the rest of this entry »