Walt Disney World and the Christmas Season. It just doesn’t get any more magical than that. I absolutely love this time of year as the Disney World Parks and Resorts begin to deck their halls and debut their annual holiday events and roll out new festive merchandise, it sort of helps me to kick off my own holiday preparations. One way to prep for the upcoming holiday is to take a few moments to drop by the Magic Kingdom or the Santa Chalet at Disney Springs to let the kids, and yourself, tell Santa what’s on your wish list. This tradition got me thinking… If I could, what would I ask Walt Disney World to get me for Christmas? If you will, indulge with me in a little bit of Christmas fantasy as I fill out My Disney World Christmas Wish List!
Bring Back the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights – Of all the holiday entertainment at Walt Disney World, the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights is my personal favorite. I love the fake snow, the music and carols, the looks on everyone’s faces as they take in the lights, and the fact that it’s free with park admission! So as you can imagine, I was pretty much crushed when I heard that this is the last year for the Osborne Lights, yet I’m just as thrilled about the new developments coming to Hollywood Studios such as Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land. At this point, I’m holding onto a hope that Disney may move the Osborne Lights to another location at Walt Disney World. An announcement confirming my hopes is most definitely on my Christmas Wish List this year.
Read the rest of this entry »
Are you a fan of Club Cool, a place where guests can go to sample Coca-Cola products from countries around the world? If so, then the next time you visit this location in Epcot’s Future World, you’ll have a few new flavors of soda to try.
Seven new tastes are now offered. Beverly, the Italian aperitif that was previously found there, remains. (So will the popular game of getting unsuspecting people to drink this bitter tasting beverage.)
The new flavors are:
- Fanta Pineapple – Fanta debuted in Europe in the 1940s and was introduced in the U.S.A. in 1960s. It’s now available in more than 90 flavors. This option is caffeine-free and has a sweet pineapple taste.
- VegitaBeta (Japan) – combines apricot and passion fruit flavors
- Fanta Melon Frosty (Thailand) – a melon-flavored soda that is the number one seller here
- Bibo (South Africa) – a fruit-flavored juice drink
- Sparberry (Africa) – raspberry cream-flavored soda
- Guarana Kuat (Brazil) – flavored after the guarana berry
- Inca Kola (Peru) – offers a sweet, almost bubblegum-like taste
It sounds like these are interesting flavors, so make sure to enjoy your complimentary cup of refreshing goodness on your next trip! You may just find a new favorite!