There are many perks when you stay at an on-site hotel during your Walt Disney World vacation. Perhaps the perkiest of these is access to Extra Magic Hours.
Extra Magic Hours information is on the general Times Guide you’ll be given at check-in.
What are Extra Magic Hours?
Also known as EMH, Extra Magic Hours are times during the week when the theme parks are open only for guests staying at hotels on Disney property, plus a special few additional locations. This gives you more time in the parks, with fewer other guests competing for spots on the attractions.
Which hotels are the ones that have Extra Magic Hour privileges?
Registered guests of Disney-owned hotels are eligible for Extra Magic Hours. These hotels are:
- Art of Animation
- All-Star Movies, Music, & Sports
- Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas, Jambo & Kidani
- Beach Club & Villas
- BoardWalk & Villas
- Fort Wilderness Cabins & Campgrounds
- Caribbean Beach
- Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower Villas
- Coronado Springs
- Grand Floridian
- Old Key West
- Pop Century
- Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside
- Saratoga Springs
- Wilderness Lodge & Villas
- Yacht Club
Guests of the following non-Disney-owned (but located nearby) hotels can also take advantage of Extra Magic time:
- Hilton Orlando (on Hotel Plaza Blvd.)
- Shades of Green (military lodgings)
- Walt Disney World Dolphin
- Walt Disney World Swan
Additionally, owners of the poshy, posh, posh Golden Oak homes on Disney Property (and their guests) are allowed access to Extra Magic time in the parks.
Read the rest of this entry »