I made half a dozen visits to Walt Disney World last year, but only one with my entire family. Given that this “gang’s all here” trip was a momentous occasion, I decided to splurge on the new Attractions+ PhotoPass product.
Introduced in December 2012, Attractions+ is another variation in the string of new PhotoPass bundled products. In this incarnation, you receive downloadable JPEGs of all your on-ride photos for one price: $44.95.
The rides on which photos are taken are:
- Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (Magic Kingdom)
- Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
- Tower of Terror (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Rock ‘n Roller Coaster (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Dinosaur (Animal Kingdom)
- Expedition Everest (Animal Kingdom)
- Test Track (Epcot)
When you buy the Attractions+ product, you are given a dedicated card which is only used to claim the photos at those attractions. Unlike regular PhotoPass cards, which generally have a 30 day life span, the Attractions+ card is punched with an expiration date. Each Attractions+ purchase can only be used to claim ride photos for 14 days. During those 14 days, you can add as many on-ride photos as you want. Given that getting a printed ride photo typically costs about $19.00, if you were going to buy more than two ride pictures, then the Attractions+ product makes sense.
Read the rest of this entry »