Stitch’s Show is Worst Ever!

by on May 5, 2009 20 Comments

Filed under: Recent News

Stitch’s Supersonic Celebration has begun test-showing at the Magic Kingdom with a grand opening scheduled for tomorrow, May 6th. After getting a glimpse of this new show we have to say it is almost painful to watch. Other nearby guests commented that it was only slightly more fun then a root canal.

If you have morbid curiosity or a strong liking for really poor quality theme park productions feel free to check out this YouTube video of an early preview showing.

Yes, it really is that bad. While we like to think the test and adjust period will work out the kinks in any attraction prior to the official opening, this one really seems to be a stinker in any variation. We’d be surprised to learn of any noticeable improvement in the show quality in the coming weeks. If this was Disney’s attack plan to keep crowds of people away from Space Mountain while it is undergoing refurbishment – it’ll work.

The show is scheduled to run 6 times a day so check park’s Times Guide to avoid direct exposure and be prepared to flee the area should a show begin unexpectedly.

Posted on May 5, 2009

20 Responses to “Stitch’s Show is Worst Ever!”

• by Rob Brooks on May 5, 2009, at 3:28 pm EST

It looks like it is basically the same as Stitch Live in Disney Paris at the studios. Me and my wife enjoyed it immensly. Though it did not have the side dancers!!

• by Oliver Jewell on May 6, 2009, at 7:22 am EST

I agree its similar to Stitch Live in Paris (which is really quite good) but they seem to have edited out all the bits that made Stitch Live funny and replaced it with dancing for no apparant reason

• I agree…that was painful to watch! Although, I can see some of the appeal for the younger set. I think there is too much Stitch and not enough on the stage…that’s just for starters!

• I meant to say….too much Stitch on the screen and not enough of him on the stage.

• Awh. That is so sad. I feel sorry for Stitch. I really liked him in the movies…. I’ll be sure to NOT look him directly in the eye as I walk (run really FAST) by next week!

• by Luv2CtheMouse on May 5, 2009, at 8:03 pm EST

WOW – This is so Six Flags or SeaWorld 🙁

• by Luv2CtheMouse on May 5, 2009, at 8:06 pm EST

I think Disney is trying to have more attractions that appease to boys…..they need to go back to the drawing board….literally!

• I’ve never seen Stitch Live in Disneyland Paris, but if this is the show, I’m glad. The magic of having a live actor talk to a movie screen fades fast. I’m not sure if the Stitch character is all pre-recorded or actually an actor controlled animation, but either way, the lack of interactivity makes this one look bad. This looks like something aimed exclusively for kids.

• I agree with the Six Flags comment, although the dancing by those Tron people was pretty impressive. I’ve never seen so many people on a Disney stage just sort of standing there. Yikes.

• First “Stitch’s Great Escape!” now this…..Stitch may just ruin Tomorrowland.

• Wow! As both my kids LOVE Stitch, I’m sure we can’t avoid watching this show (we arrive at WDW on May 28th), but maybe they will have improved it by the time we go…. or at least I can hope. Thanks for the warning!!!

• Will the Stitch never stop? I’m not sure how much more Stitch Disney Parks can take. The character wasn’t all that great to begin with, and this is just overkill.

• Well my children just love Stitch and I am sure they will love this show. I agree that for adults is pretty lame but I guess children are loving it.

One thing they should do also is bring back… Sony Eclipse¡

• I have seen 4 shows or so and have video on YouTube (not that one) in full, and am working on getting photos up.

The show is – well, I find it mixed. I actually like the Stitch part on the screen, and it is an actor. Think of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, it is interactive like that.

I can’t stand the theme song, but some of the other songs are okay.

Denise

• I would agree this show if you call it that is very bad for disney. I think is short lived pull since two attractions are down in tomorrowland.

• Horrific, yes. But worse show ever? To paraphrase Capt. Sparrow, clearly you’ve never been to Pleasure Island during Celebrate Tonight.

• by Dave From Beloit on May 8, 2009, at 12:21 am EST

Did you hear Stitch do his Darrell Waltrip imitation when he said “Boogity Boogity Boogity:?

• Knock, Knock

Dave?

Dave’s not here…….

Please. It’s Cheech & Chong Dave routine from their first album “Big Bambu”

Looks like someone found Grandpa’s stash

• by Inalayuncooto on May 15, 2009, at 8:13 am EST

I leaning tailoring and I’ve initiate great shop grouchy stitch recently. Gracious rub out stitch kits and looking for a cheap price.

• Thanks for giving this awesome article. Check out my very own!