Len Testa

Len Testa is the co-author of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, and has contributed to the Disneyland and Las Vegas Unofficial Guides. Most of his time is spent trying to keep up with the team. Len's email address is len@touringplans.com. You can also follow him on Twitter: @lentesta.

7 thoughts on “Free Dining Booking Window Extended to July 26

• June 11, 2009 at 11:43 am

I think that this confirms what Len was saying on the last WDWToday podcast, that it might be possible that people who were planning on going to WDW on the second half of the year decided to go instead on the first half taking advantage of the buy 3 get 3 nights free promotion. I think that this confirms that suspicion.

• June 11, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Wow! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a booking window end that close to the start of the promotion. Here’s hoping that crowds are low for me at the end of September!

• June 12, 2009 at 6:14 am

Thanks folks. Yes, I think this is a sign that some demand was pulled into the first half of the year by the Buy-4-Get-7 promo. I’m expecting a large discount campaign for the fall and early winter.

• June 12, 2009 at 11:55 am

On the UK site the Free Dining extends until December. I wonder if the Free Dining will just be extended with a blackout around Thanksgiving. Closing the parks early when not warranted, and less Fantasmic, might be backfiring as word of these less than “magical” experiences start to spread by word of mouth.

• June 13, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Len, in the past what promotions have they had for Oct.-Dec.? We may go in Oct., but after the dining promo ends.

• June 12, 2009 at 9:19 am

Does this mean the fall or early winter discount campaign will not be released until a later date?
    My wife and I are looking at booking a trip for the first full week in December and I am just trying to plan something.

• June 13, 2009 at 11:50 am

Hi Len! Cannot WAIT for what you anticipate on expecting a large discount campaign for the fall and early winter. My daughter and I already have a full package purchased for the week of Thanksgiving but I’m always looking for a better bargain! When do you think Disney would announce this type of information? Thanks!