Updated: Disney’s Buy-4-Get-7 Available Now

Word on the street is that Disney’s Buy-4-Get-7 deal is available now, if you ask for it specifically when speaking with a Disney agent. (We’re hearing the official announcement is still going to be later this week.)

As of 12:30 pm Eastern Monday, the offer was still available despite rumors Disney was pulling it until later in the week.

If you’ve managed to get something booked, post the details below please.

Travel dates are November 1, 2009 through December 24, 2009 and January 3, 2010 through March 27, 2010.

The deal is Buy-5-Get-2-Free at values and B-4-G-3-Free at mods and deluxes.

We’re told that tickets have to equal the number of nights of your stay, so annual passholders can’t buy one-day tickets. This may change, as we’ve not heard from an AP holder yet who has taken advantage of the deal.

Lots of this information is still unconfirmed. If you call today, post your results here, please.

Len Testa

Len Testa is the co-author of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, and has contributed to the Disneyland and Las Vegas Unofficial Guides. Most of his time is spent trying to keep up with the team. Len's email address is len@touringplans.com. You can also follow him on Twitter: @lentesta.

81 thoughts on “Updated: Disney’s Buy-4-Get-7 Available Now

• September 28, 2009 at 9:19 am

Len, do you know if the rumors that you have to buy a ticket for the length of your stay are true? Or is it still possible to buy a 1 day ticket if you’re an AP holder? Thanks!

• September 28, 2009 at 9:28 am

heya len just so you know you have moderates listed twice… its 5 for 2 at the values right?

• September 28, 2009 at 9:32 am

It is available. I just called reservations. It doesn’t work for us because we are coming on the first but it is out there now.

• September 28, 2009 at 10:20 am

Just called. Was told you need a minimum of a 5 day ticket.

• September 28, 2009 at 10:25 am

I’m an AP holder, and I just booked the 4/7 pkg.

AP holders must pay for the 4 day park tix (basic ticket, don’t need parkhopper, addons, or no exp. on it). As long as you don’t use any days of the ticket, you can use the credit toward an AP renewal.

• September 28, 2009 at 10:32 am

so, if for example, you and your family (four total) are staying at a deluxe for 10 days, which is longer than the 7 (4/3), could it still be applied? last time I did it i didn’t have a package done already and we went for exactly 7 days so it wasn’t this confusing but hey if they’d give us 3 days of money back it’s totally worth asking. Thanks in advance!

• September 28, 2009 at 10:37 am

I called this morning when I saw the first tweet, sadly it isn’t available for the May dates I’m looking at, but if we went in early March (on one of our alternate dates) we would save over $700 at a Mod.

• September 28, 2009 at 11:58 am

I just called and changed my reservation and they said that nothing is offically posted but if you ask they will honor the 4/3 discount. I just saved about $1500 because we are coming March 6-13 staying at Wilderness Lodge woods view bunk bed. What a deal!

• September 28, 2009 at 10:58 am

I booked a reservation for January @ the POFQ with this deal. Got off the phone with the cast member at about 10:30AM. Gift Card is not part of the deal.

• September 28, 2009 at 11:04 am

Just got off the phone and booked 4/3 at Poly for January 11-18th. CM asked if I had a code and I said no-her reply was “no problem”.

• September 28, 2009 at 11:07 am

We got the deal this morning. We were told when we booked it that it wasn’t officially out yet, but that we could book it since we mentioned the deal. We are NOT AP holders, but we mentioned that we might get them. We were told that if we wanted to do that, we could purchase an AP with the reservation and a 1 day ticket for the other person, or we could book 2 7 day tickets.

We opted for the 2 7 day tickets for now, but it looks like it may be an option for someone hoping to purchase a new AP. Not sure how it would work for a current AP holder, though.

• September 28, 2009 at 11:17 am

I’m glad I called when I did! I was able to change my January reservation to December and save over $400. Had to give up my standard view room at the WL and go with a courtyard view. I still can’t figure out how the pricing works though. When I tried to price it online I wasn’t coming up with the same number.

• September 28, 2009 at 11:18 am

Is it correct to assume that you can book either the buy 4 get 3 free deal OR the free dining but not both?

• September 28, 2009 at 11:46 am

That is correct. WDW has never allowed “stacking” promotional discounts

• September 28, 2009 at 11:43 am

Had reservations for POFQ in January for a 7 night package with 5 day tickets. Just called and requested the 4/3 deal. Upgraded to Wilderness Lodge for only $30 more than origional package price.

• September 28, 2009 at 11:46 am

Wow I’m really surprised to see it running at the same time as free dining. A little worried how mnay mire people will book for our dates now.

• September 28, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Just booked Beach Club and saves around $1000. She had to go get the code but there were no problems.

• September 28, 2009 at 12:29 pm

I must have just gotten in. I booked it through MEI Mousfan Travel. 😛

• September 28, 2009 at 12:48 pm

I just got off the phone and booked our vacation from 01/30 – 02/06 at POFQ and had no problems booking the 4/3…but there were no standard rooms available at the WL – I was hoping to upgrade. Oh Well!

• September 28, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Excellent. Congratulations to you and Kris!

• September 28, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Have 4/3 deal at WL for Jan 3-10 and there were only 2 rooms available for those dates. Had a bit of a proble, but it got worked out. First CM had computer issues and second one said code did not work but he was able to somehow fix it and confirm for us. Said that when new deals come out it can be hard with so many people online at the same time.

• September 28, 2009 at 1:27 pm

I have Small World Vacations checking on date(s) for me in mid Jan 2010. Dawn S is telling me not all dates have been loaded into the res system and thay are continuting to update them.

• September 28, 2009 at 1:55 pm

While I haven’t booked this yet. I know it won’t save me any money. I had been planning a 4 night trip with my dad. Now I get to make it 7 days.

• September 28, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Hi, I was able to book the 5/2 for our February 2010 trip (2/10 – 2/17) at Pop Century. As you stated, I did have to ask specifically for the deal in order for the CM to apply it. My dates cover President’s Day, so there are currently no black out dates for that weekend. My trip also covers 3 different rate seasons and it looks like they averaged the price out when they gave me the 2 free nights. We saved over $300 (preferred room, 3 adults and 1 “disney adult”)

Thanks for the updates, Len! 🙂

• September 29, 2009 at 12:18 am

Just made a reservation for PO Riverside for President’s week on the 4/7 deal. Saved $720 over the rack rate on the website. No blackout that week yet.

• September 28, 2009 at 2:07 pm

How about this one? I want to stay 2 weeks and get the 4/3 deal twice. Does everyone have to buy a 4 day ticket for each week or can i just buy 1 4day ticket for my son and then buy 3- 10day tickets for the rest of my family? we originaly only wanted 10 park days and 4 resort days.

• September 28, 2009 at 7:48 pm

I used the 4 get 3 deal last March. We were going for 2 weeks for my daughter’s 16th birthday. I split the reservation into 2 one week, upgraded the tickets to 10 days for week one and 10 days no expiry for week 2. All in all the total cost for the split reservation was only 18 dollars more than the original price for the 2 week-10day parks. Using the no expiry tickets on this years trip! Call to find out as the no expiry cost covered the 10 days but only cost the price of the 4 days.

• September 28, 2009 at 2:11 pm

This is all well and good, but no one better book for the same week I’m gonna be in the park! Stay away the first week of December and we won’t have a problem.

• September 28, 2009 at 2:20 pm

That’s the week we’re looking at. It’s also Pop Warner football weekend.

• September 28, 2009 at 2:58 pm

I just changed my 6-day Feb. 2010 reservation at AKV to get this deal. I saved a lot of money on those two nights, even considering that I already had a 10% AAA discount for the room.

Good news: I got the deal, though I had to change from a Jambo House 1BR savannah view to a Kidani Village 1BR savannah view to get it. Bad news: I could not add one more day and still get the deal, because they did not have 7 days at ANY 1 BR villa rooms at AKV, BCV, BV, or WLV for my dates. I think I could have gotten a 1BR at OKW or SS, but wasn’t interested in those options.

Anyone know whether they’re considering extending the deal out into April or May 2010? I’d really rather go the 3rd week in April, when it is regular season instead of peak season, so the deal would be even better…

Still, I’m pretty happy!

• September 29, 2009 at 10:31 pm

It might not be that there are no rooms available. The Disney reservation system is pretty smart. They don’t want to give their best rooms away. We found that out during last years promotion. We stayed at Bay Lake in Aug. When we called, they said nothing was available for full length of our desired stay. We started to play around online and discovered that we could get buy 4 get 6, or buy 5 get 8. Any 7 day period showed up as unavailable. We stayed 8 nights and payed for 5, checking in the opening day of Bay Lake. It was a little unadvertised stipulation for the more expensive rooms.

• September 28, 2009 at 3:00 pm

PS I meant 6 versus 7 nights, not days, of course. Sorry about the error.

• September 28, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I got a 1BR at Boardwalk Villas 2/5-12, total package $3,020.41. AAA discount price would have been $3,857.75 and total REAL price would have been closer to $4,500. Great savings! Booked around 12:15, didn’t need a code, just mentioned that I had heard about the new offer and the CM was happy to help me.

• September 28, 2009 at 3:43 pm

I tried to change my existing package at the Yatch Club on 11/28 – 12/5 to take advantage of this deal and the CM told me I couldn’t do it untill tomorrow because I was not a Disney Visa Cardholder. He said to call back tomorrow. Should I try to call again today and speak to someone else?

• September 28, 2009 at 4:10 pm

Thanks Len,
        I took your advise and it worked!

• September 28, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Woo hoo! How much did you save?

Today was a good day.

• September 28, 2009 at 10:15 pm

First I want to say thank you Len for getting the word about this deal out early, I saw your post on another site and came here for the info. Your the BEST!

I’ve changed my package twice, the first time was to get free dining – that saved me $636.79. When I changed it this time they couldn’t give me a standard view room for some reason so they upgraded me to a water view room and took off another $210.17. If you look at the rack rate I think I saved about $1,400.
            But I’m very confused, how could they not have a standard view room available when I already had one? Do you think they just wanted to charge me the extra $85 per night?

• September 28, 2009 at 4:00 pm

My wife and I already have 4 one day tickets from the last two times to WDW. Were AP’s and going again in November 4-12. Can we turn all of these unused tickets in toward next AP’s? They told me I couldn’t when I booked these trips. Just thought I would save them for sometime is the future, but if I can put them toward next years AP’s that would be great. If so , I’ll check on this trip to see how much I can save. By the way, you can’t find any of this on Disney On-Line Reservations. Due you have to call or is their system a little slow on picking it up?

• September 28, 2009 at 4:05 pm

I booked through AAA this summer for a mid-Jan. 2010 stay and they are telling me the discount is not available during MLK weekend for moderate resorts. Anyone had trouble with that yet?

• September 28, 2009 at 4:07 pm

I just called again and this time I was able to change my reservation. They had to upgrade my room to waterview but I was still able to save some money.

• September 28, 2009 at 4:21 pm

I just reserved the 4 nights/3 nights free package and while I was on the phone with the Disney reservationist he said the supervisor was handing out the special code for the 4 nights/3 nights free deal. He said they were doing a “soft opening”. He didn’t say when they would be making the official announcement but they will honor it if you ask for it.

• September 28, 2009 at 4:27 pm

I called this morning to book the deal but was told by the first CM I spoke to that there was no availability at POR. He then put me on hold but came back and said it was all worked out – and I accidentally disconnected the call! (Stupid touchscreen phone!) I immediately called back and the CM I spoke to said that they were having problems with the booking codes, but IT was working on it and to call back later or tomorrow. I called back about 30 minutes later (I’m not anxious or anything) and the CM I spoke to said they were still having issues, but he would try it and see what happened. He put me on hold for quite some time, but we did get everything booked: 8 nights at POR with park hoppers and the dining plan for $3310.25. Our original price for the same package was $4029.

• September 28, 2009 at 5:02 pm

I just answered my own question. I just got home from work and called disney. In order to take advantage of the 4/3 deal for 2 weeks, 2deals have to be bought and 2 sets of 4day tickets for everyone in the family. This amounts to twice as much money for tickets than what I should have to spend. It certainly cuts away at some of the savings.

• September 28, 2009 at 6:23 pm

I booked my November trip through a TA with the free dining offer. The TA is telling me that switching to the 4/7 deal will cost me more which doesn’t make sense with my calculations – even with having to pay for dining plan. Is there a calculator or some other way to find out what the savings are, or can I call WDW to have them check and bypass the TA?

Thanks!

• September 28, 2009 at 7:38 pm

It depends on how many people you have in your party and which dining plan you have. Our family of 7, which is going in December, reserved two rooms and upgraded from the free basic dining plan to the deluxe dining plan. I called WDW today to see whether we could get a better deal with the 4/7 than we already have with the free dining. It would cost us more to take advantage of the new offer. If we were just two adults traveling, it would have cost us less to switch. You could always call WDW just to compare your current cost with the new one.

• September 28, 2009 at 6:42 pm

I had already booked a 10-night stay in mid-January through Small World Vacations. I forwarded this post to my agent and she was able to apply it to my reservation. I saved over $950!

• September 28, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Congratulations, Amy!

• September 28, 2009 at 6:53 pm

just changed an existing reservation at the poly for mar 6-12. i didn’t need any kind of code, and i actually have a buy 4, get 2, since i didn’t really want to change my dates of travel. i was able to keep garden view, club level, and renew my requests for 3rd floor. it’s saving me $1600. thank you!! love the blog!

• September 28, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Awesome – thanks Helen!

• September 28, 2009 at 7:16 pm

At 7 PM, I changed my room-only res. at the Poly to the 4/7 deal, added base tickets and regular dining plan for a grand total of $3619! Staying Jan. 3-10, garden view.

• September 28, 2009 at 8:28 pm

I love the Poly – it may be my favorite resort. Congratulations!

• September 28, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Thanks, Len. I haven’t been there since I was 7, and now we’re taking our 3 kiddos. We are way excited!

• September 28, 2009 at 7:40 pm

I heard from a few people that they tried to get the Contemporary this afternoon and it was already sold out for Early Feb. Think more rooms will be added?

I got mine – Wilderness Lodge – Saved over $1,100!

• September 28, 2009 at 10:15 pm

Thanks all for your help. Just booked our family stay at Polynesian for late Feb. The CM certainly was curious as to where I heard about the special offer, but gave me us the deal. Saved us over $1000. Would have passed on going this year without the offer.

• September 28, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Thank you Len for the heads up last week, I had time to run the numbers and was able to change a 10 day to a 4/3 with buy 4 get 3 free MYW tickets and keep 3day room only reservation at Fort Wilderness cabin..Saved about $1000 I’m hope to use an annual pass discount for those 3 room only. Thanks again Len you rock.

• September 29, 2009 at 6:24 am

Thanks Len! We were just waiting to hear when this Buy 4/Get 3 deal was going to happen! We were able to book 7 nights at POR during Presidents Week. Then we spent several hours trying to get flights – and watched the fares go all over the place. We’re flying on Valentines Day and there were hardly any seats left, so we grabbed what we could. The CM did want to know specifically where we heard about the deal. Seems like they are tracking and looking for the leak!

• September 29, 2009 at 8:37 am

Thanks for the information. I was able to book the 4/3 deal at a moderate with 7 day base tickets and regular dining plan for the last week in January around 6 pm Monday. I was not asked about how I knew about the deal. This deal convinced my husband to return in 2010 which was not the original plan. Many thanks for all you do!

• September 29, 2009 at 9:16 am

I booked POR last night for 4 adults and 1 child, 1/3-1/9, so my deal is 4 get 2 free. We saved about $400. The CM was very nice and mentioned that I will be able to book my ADR’s on 10/27. I told her I thought it was 90 days out but she said they are changing back to 180. Does anyone have information on that change?

• September 29, 2009 at 9:50 am

On Oct 27 its going back to 180 days. So the people who have that day as their 90 day window and all the folks who have 180 after that date will be calling on that day. Good luck!

• September 29, 2009 at 9:24 am

How typical of Disney….they take something that was a good deal, and then tweak it so it’s less of a good deal (in this case, requiring length of stay tickets).

• September 29, 2009 at 9:35 am

I am thinking that I will just trade my tickets in on annual passes and maybe take another Disney vacation on the last week of the annual pass next winter. Is this allowed?

• September 29, 2009 at 9:37 am

I used a TA to setup my reservations but when they checked on changing our current reservations to the buy 4 get 3 deal she said that “I checked with Disney and nothing is available that week. Sold out even at regular rates.”
    Should I call Disney to double check? I am a Disney Credit card holder, so do you think this might help?

• September 29, 2009 at 11:02 am

Matthew, I would call back. When I first called yesterday they told me everything was booked up, but there was a glitch in the system due to some IT problems. We did get booked in at the new rate at our resort of choice (POR). I would definitely call back.

• September 29, 2009 at 1:04 pm

I just called Disney and the CM said that he could not even look at my reservation because it was done with a TA. Should I call back and hope for someone else?

• September 29, 2009 at 5:57 pm

Nope. All bookings made through travel agents must be modified or canceled by same travel agency.

• September 29, 2009 at 9:45 am

i just called to see if this would be a better deal for us than the 40% for 5 nights and then two nights at Pop also at $40% off. nope. much more expensive not even considering having to purchase tickets even though we are AP holders. im confused about the quote they gave me vs what i calculated. they must be charging for the more expensive nights rather than the cheaper ones even though they are at the end of the trip.

• September 29, 2009 at 9:58 am

We were booked at Boardwalk Inn from 12/19 – 12/26/09 with a pin code (saved us $1377). When our travel agent first called Disney yesterday, they said there was no additional savings for us on the new offer. I asked her to call back, and we were able to save an additional $149. Because our final day (12/25) is a black out date, it is not included in the discount.

• September 29, 2009 at 11:02 am

I was able to book a room at beach club presidents’ week with dining and length of stay tickets and received huge savings for 3 adults and 2 children. We love beach club, so we are thrilled. It is costing us less than what a family suite at all star music would be before the discount. It was tough though b/c bay lake and contemporary were sold out on that deal already. We tried though.

• September 29, 2009 at 3:12 pm

So excited! Was able to book the Poly 12/12-12/19 for $3089.00 Garden View, no dining, w/8 day park hoppers. Thought rate was a little from what I priced myself, CM did tell me that they are charging for the most expensive night regardless of whether it falls at the beginning or end of the trip! Cost me an extra couple of hundred but still a huge savings! Thanks for the tip!

• September 29, 2009 at 4:11 pm

I just called and nothing available for our dates Dec. 2 – 11 but do already have free dining plan. So I’m happy with that. The code is PCL, but can’t find anywhere online to check rates with it.

• September 29, 2009 at 5:45 pm

With no rooms available for these dates what changes might we expect to the crowd calculator?

• September 29, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Any idea when this offer will show up on Disney’s website? I called and made a reservation last night, but it was more than what I had calculated(but still a good deal). I wanted to price some other resorts and it’s easier to do it online rather than speaking with a CM.

• September 29, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Wednesday or Thursday is the best guess, Kristine. The discount codes are available at Mousesavers.com now, if you want to try plugging them into Disney’s website.

• September 29, 2009 at 7:45 pm

Thanks Len. Where on Disney’s website does it allow you to do this. I know about the codes, but I could never figure out where to apply them when booking online.

• September 29, 2009 at 8:37 pm

will the plethora of discounts sway the crowd calendar? i have GF 11/15-22 . or will there be a flood of upgrades from value resorts and little net change?

• September 30, 2009 at 7:26 am

Just found the on line reservations with the 7 for 4 this morning. Not a good deal for AP’s. Because you have to buy a 4 day ticket (5 day on line), it makes the price much higher than the AP price. Called ticketing to ask if I could apply these tickets to my AP renewal next year and was told that it would take him a long time to figure it out. I could let my son or daughter use them. He also didn’t understand why AP’s had to buy more than a 1 day ticket anyway. Oh Well.

• October 3, 2009 at 6:33 pm

I wonder what the chances are of them extending it through the end of 2010?

• April 11, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Informative write up, saved your blog in hopes to see more information!

• Pingback:Wednesday Update – Yet Another Discount Rumor - TouringPlans.com Blog | TouringPlans.com Blog