Seas with Nemo and Friends to get FASTPASS

Recently refurbishment walls sprung up at the entrance of The Seas with Nemo and Friends attraction at Walt Disney World’s Epcot theme park. I’ve been told the walls are up so they can install FASTPASS at the attraction and rework the queue to accommodate it. This is in line with previous comments that when Test Track closes for renovation in April that Epcot would have FASTPASS added at another attraction to compensate.

R. A. Pedersen

R. A. Pedersen is the author of The Epcot Explorers Encyclopedia and runs the Epcyclopedia.com blog. He has been a research contributor to the TouringPlans.com Blog since 2006 and functions as sort of an all-around news desk and project-tracker.

14 thoughts on “Seas with Nemo and Friends to get FASTPASS

• January 25, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever had to wait at all for this, it’s always been walk on. They must be expecting very long waits for everything with TT closed. This is one of Epcot’s biggest problems: lack of major attractions. One goes down and everything else is mobbed. Will all other attractions gets FPs as well?

• January 25, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I was going to say the same thing as John. I have never waited in line for this ride.

• January 25, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I suspect in a way that’s sort of the point. They built Nemo with a massive queue that only gets used during peak periods. By adding FP they slow down the queue allowing what exists to be used – and even then, a portion should still be re-purposed into being the FP line.

Effectively it shortens their physical queue length and a slows the line down. It’s not so much that Nemo needed FP, but that they needed a spot to hold people.

• January 25, 2012 at 12:17 pm

So weird! I can’t imagine this ride having any kind of substantial wait, even with Test Track down.

• January 25, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Same here. If they think this attraction is going to get crowded, can you imagine how even more ridiculous the lines for Soarin’ will be? We’re going in late April, right after TT closes. I’m dreading what it’s going to be like in Future World.

• January 25, 2012 at 12:25 pm

It can be difficult to believe that this attraction can be crowded, but I recall seeing photos of the queue stretching all the way to the passageway from the fountain area. This was during a March Break time, shortly after Nemo & Friends opened.

• January 25, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I normally always go to Disney the first week in August. I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Even after our trip two weeks ago, we waited less than 5 minutes. That is sort of a waste of time/money.

• January 25, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I can see how putting in a FastPass would be easy for this ride as you would cut out all of that winding around “under the sea”… but the only reason I can see for putting a FastPass here is to give more options for using the FastPass in Epcot. Some people may FastPass Nemo before getting to Soarin, leaving Soarin open for others to FastPass? Maybe? I personally have been to Epcot over a dozen times in the last few months and have never waited longer than 5 mins.

• January 25, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I think you may be right. If the only FastPass rides in Epcot are Soarin and Mission Space then I can imagine that they would run out really quickly. Adding another FastPass ride would probably help.

• January 25, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Maelstrom also has FastPass.

• January 25, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Maelstom has to be one of the lines that I wait on the most! I’m not sure that any amount of FP will compensate for TT being down, but at least this is a start.

• January 25, 2012 at 3:54 pm

If we want to be technical, Living with the Land also has FastPass, though it is only used seasonally. Captain EO has FastPass machines, but they have never been used.

• January 26, 2012 at 7:54 am

Disney is releasing ‘Finding Nemo’ in 3D this year, they may be expecting a bump in ride demand as a result. Personally, I find the queue at Nemo one of the better waiting experiences at WDW, a pleasant beachy theme that makes standing in line almost tolerable.

• Pingback:» Walt Disney World Resort Update