Did you know that on May 1, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will celebrate its 25th anniversary? (Of course, back when the park opened in 1989, it was known as Disney-MGM Studios.) To celebrate this monumental achievement, the park will be hosting a party. The day’s events will include fun and excitement for all ages!
According to the Disney Parks Blog, here’s what you can expect to see, for those of you lucky enough to be in the park on this joyful occasion:
- At 10:00 a.m.: guests will be invited to join Disney’s Hollywood Studios Vice President, Dan Cockerell, for a short re-dedication ceremony.
- At 7:00 p.m.: the park will hold the “Stars of the Studios” motorcade down Hollywood Boulevard, featuring many favorite animated Disney stars.
- Following the parade, The Sorcerer’s Hat Stage will feature a dance party, where guests are invited to party the night away.
- At 9:30 p.m.: the skies will light up in front of the Sorcerer’s Hat with a spectacular fireworks extravaganza. The show will pay tribute to 25 years of show business stories, that have been told throughout the park.
- Commemorative merchandise will be for sale, featuring the 25th anniversary logo. Merchandise will include shirts, pins, key chains, bags, and more.
- A 25th anniversary cupcake will be for sale, a chocolate Nutella cupcake, which can be found at many counter service dining establishments.
I’ll make sure to update this post with any additional information that gets released about this memorable celebration.
Happy early anniversary Disney’s Hollywood Studios!