A brand new hard ticket event is being introduced to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Called Harambe Nights, this party will take place on Saturday nights from June 7 through August 9 in the Harambe Village section of the park.
During this event, guests will be able to take in theatrical entertainment, culinary delights, and help to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of The Lion King. (It’s been 20 YEARS?!)
The celebration will kick off at 7:00 p.m. with a welcome reception. Then guests will move to a new Harambe Theater, where they will be able to enjoy a private performance of the new 55 minute show, “The Lion King: Concert in the Wild.” What makes this performance even more special is that celebrity narrators will be on hand, in addition to a live orchestra and choir, along with dancers. During the show, guests will see the iconic scenes from the film, theatrically recreated for a never before seen take on The Lion King tale.
Celebrity narrators will include (Do keep in mind that celebrity narrators are subject to change.):
- June 7: Viola Davis – “The Help,” “Ender’s Game”
- June 14: TBD
- June 21: Montego Glover – “The Following,” “Memphis”
- June 28: David Alan Grier – “Porgy & Bess,” “In Living Color”
- July 5: Michael Beach – “ER,” “Third Watch,” “Sons of Anarchy”
- July 12: Harry Lennix – “The Blacklist,” “The Five Heartbeats”
- July 19: Joe Morton – “Scandal,” “American Gangster,” “The Good Wife”
- July 26: Alfre Woodard – “Desperate Housewives,” “Miss Evers Boys”
- August 2: Patina Miller – “Pippin,” “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1”
- August 9: Brian Stokes Mitchell – “Ragtime,” “Trapper John, M.D.,” “Glee”
After the show, guests will then be able to head to the streets of Harambe, where they will be able to purchase exclusive merchandise, meet Disney characters, and participate in artist signings. In addition, a band will be on hand to get the party rocking.
The celebration will feature a culinary nod to Africa with multiple buffet stations, sweet bites of gourmet desserts, and a selection of African beers and wines, plus specialty beverages that are all included in the event admission. Soft drinks and water will also be offered.
The evening will conclude with a fond farewell to bid “kwaherini” to a magical evening, when the party ends at 10:30 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased for $119 for adults and $79 for kids, ages 3-9. If you would prefer, you can choose to purchase Premium Admission, which provides guests with premium seating for the show. The cost of the Premium Admission tickets are $134 for adults and $94 for kids, ages 3-9.
Another nice perk is that parking will be included beginning at 4:00 p.m. for those participating in the event.
To purchase tickets, visit Disney’s website or call (407) 939-1319.
Harambe Nights seems like another fascinating new option being rolled out for exciting summer fun at Walt Disney World.