Walt Disney World Monorails to See New Summer Operating Schedule

The Walt Disney World monorail system is currently in the process of being updated with an automated operating system. To accommodate for this work, monorail service will be adjusted for the summer. Both Magic Kingdom loops, as well as the Epcot loop, will see service impacted.

Work will begin on June 22 and the monorail line will see a fixed schedule all summer long. Here is a look at the temporary monorail schedule and when you’ll be able to catch a ride on the monorail.

• Magic Kingdom Resort Beam: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 midnight
  • Magic Kingdom Express Beam: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
  • Epcot Beam: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.

During this time, additional watercraft and buses will be available to transport guests.

When completed, the new automated system will allow for faster switching trains on and off the beams, a more frequent dispatch of trains, a more consistent running monorail, and monorail arrival information.

There is currently no time table for when the monorails will return to their normal operation.

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

17 thoughts on “Walt Disney World Monorails to See New Summer Operating Schedule

• June 14, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I’m sorry, I’m really confused by this. Are the times above the times that the monorail will be operating, actually in service? And if so, am I reading it correctly that the resort monorail will only be open from 8:30 am to NOON every day? Or is that supposed to be midnight instead of noon?

Thanks for clearing up confusion!

• June 14, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Erik, I thought the same thing. It’s got to be a typo. No way monorail device will stop at noon!

• June 14, 2014 at 4:55 pm

It was a typo. Thanks for the heads up. It’s been fixed. The time is until midnight.

• June 14, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I’m sorry, I just found the information online. This is what WDW has, which is somewhat different from your post:

Epcot – 9:00am-11:00pm
    Resort monorail – 9:30am-11:30pm
    Express monorail – 8:30am-midnight

Sorry to be that guy, but all your lines above seem to have something incorrect. (12 pm is noon, not midnight.)

• June 14, 2014 at 4:57 pm

It was a simple mistake and has been fixed. Sorry about the confusion. 🙂

• June 14, 2014 at 7:19 pm

No problem, thanks for correcting! Also Epcot starts at 9 am, not pm. 😉

• June 14, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Good lord! What was wrong with me this afternoon? Apparently I just can’t tell time. HAHAHA! Thanks for keeping me in line. 😉

• June 14, 2014 at 4:06 pm

So someone at an MK resort can’t get on the monorail until after the park opens? That’s unfortunate. I’d be furious if I were depending on using the monorail to get to Epcot.

• June 14, 2014 at 7:12 pm

This also shows EPCOT beam open for two hours? That cannit be right. Lol

• June 14, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Can I start this post over? Lol I think it’s all fixed correct now. (At least I hope!)

• June 14, 2014 at 11:46 pm

And to make you feel better Rikki, Erik is not quite right. 12:00 should be followed with the words midnight or noon. There should be no 12am or 12pm. It is completely arbitrary any other way. I can look at it the other way around.
    By the way, I think it silly to nitpick about your informative posts when it is obvious what you meant. Thanks for the info!!

• June 15, 2014 at 12:51 am

Please reconfirm start times for the resort to MK beam. I’ve seen both 8:30am and 9:30am.

• June 17, 2014 at 6:33 pm

The start times are correct for the Resort line. I have triple checked them. 🙂

• June 15, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Are they really not going to accommodate 4 deluxe hotels with the option of getting to rope drop at Epcot all summer long by monorail?

What, 30-45 minutes more cant’ be worked in?

There better be a sh**load of busses at GF when I’m there…

• June 16, 2014 at 8:41 am

C’mon, you’re being a little unrealistic here. Everyone knows that people staying in a monorail resort pay 3 gazillion dollars/night so they can take the bus.

/sarcasm

• Pingback:Observations: June 17, 2014 A Magical Evening - TouringPlans.com Blog | TouringPlans.com Blog