Guests who will be attending Star Wars Weekends will have a new dining option to experience this year. The Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience will have guests entering a space that serves as a rest stop and hangout for cosmic travelers of all kinds. At the lounge, Guests will be able to enjoy great Star Wars-inspired food and beverage offerings including:
- Pilot’s Pomme Frites – these are tossed with parmesan cheese, garlic and parsley with a garlic aioli for dipping
- Ensalada Naboo – seared chicken breast, bibb lettuce, grape tomatoes, watermelon radish, almond frica, and a parmesan-peppercorn ranch dressing
- Lightsaber Bites – hand-dipped corn-battered knockwurst sausages with house-made chips and mustard dipping sauce
- The Dark Fried – Chicken and Darth Vader waffles served with maple syrup and sweet barbecue sauce
- Trio of Thermal Detonators – spicy pork wings topped with spicy piquillo-pepper sauce and slaw
- Slider Sampler featuring “The Sith” barbecue-braised brisket with cole slaw and “The Jedi” with barbecued pulled chicken with arugula
- Fruit and Cheese “Sabers” featuring Tillamook cheddar, Brie, goat cheese, pickled vegetables, crostini, cheddar crackers, blueberries, raspberries, honeydew melon, strawberry, olives and gherkins
- Chips & Sith – hummus with red pepper coulis, black sesame dust, and corn tortilla chips
- Yoda Key Lime Cake
- Trio of Star Wars mini cupcakes, including Mini Darth Vader (chocolate-peanut butter), Mini Yoda (chocolate-hazelnut), and Mini Jabba the Hutt (salted caramel latte) served in the Han Solo Carbonite Souvenir Box
As far as beverages go, guests will be able to enjoy:
- Imperial Blue – Maker’s Mark Whisky, Cointreau, Blue Curacao, sweet and sour, topped with Sprite
- Tatooine Sunset – Stoli vanilla, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, pineapple juice with grenadine
- Rebel Red – Grey Goose vodka, Chambord, sour mix and a splash of grenadine
- Dagobah Swamp Juice – Midori, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, sweet and sour, topped with lemon-lime foam
- The Dark Side – Stoli vanilla vodka, Bailey’s liqueur, crème de cocoa and brownie garnish
- Alderaan Ale
In addition, guests looking for specialty Star Wars Weekends cupcakes will be able to pick them up at a few different locations. The new Jabba the Hutt cupcape, as well as the Yoda cupcakes will also be available at Tusken Fridge Raiders at Darth’s Mall, Trolley Car Café, Starring Rolls Cafe, and Backlot Express. The Darth Vader cupcake will be available at all quick-service locations. (And it is yummy!)
Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience will take place in an area of Backlot Express and will be available from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday during Star Wars Weekends, from May 15 to June 14.
To book your reservation, go online or call (407) WDW-DINE.
It should be a yummy experience for all!