Daisy Lauren’s Last Best Week Ever

1Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Best Week Ever here at Walt Disney World. And sadly, yes, the title is true. This will be my last Best Week Ever article! ๐Ÿ™ Remember that day job that keeps me from posting photos of myself? Well, I’ve been given an incredible promotion that will involve much more travel. While I couldn’t be more excited about the opportunity, it will make it impossible to keep up with my weekly updates.

I’m so thankful to all of you that have read over the last year. I’ll still be helping out on the Touring Plans instagram account, so if you miss me you can find me there. (I know I’ll miss you!) And they’ve told me I can still stop by and post when I have time. So it isn’t really goodbye. ๐Ÿ™‚ But that’s enough sad stuff, let’s get going with all the theme park goodness from last week!

As you can tell from the photo above, I started this week at Universal Orlando. We don’t make it out that way nearly enough, but we love the parks. Arriving just after opening meant there were no crowds! It was great! I think we enjoyed the quiet morning walk as much as the park itself.

So where did we head to next? Why don’t you click to find out? ๐Ÿ™‚

Our first ride just a few minutes after opening wasย E.T. Adventure. There were only two other people in the preshow area with us and they even snuck us through a backdoor in the queue that lead directly to the loading area. If you’ve never ridden, at the end E.T. says your name. It’s been a bit of a joke that E.T. can’t really say those names in the amount of time when the ride vehicles breeze by. Ironically, when there are only four people riding he does a great job!

Next stop on the walking tour was Springfield. The Simpsons ride didn’t have any wait at all, but it makes my hubby motion sick so we passed on it. This area is so well themed that I could poke around for ages looking at all the little details. They also have great Simpsons themed merchandise!

4ย 5

Our entire reason for starting the morning at Universal Studios was to ride theย Hogwarts Express – King’s Cross Station. We’d ridden the train from the other park several times, but heard it was different going the other way. That turned out to be true! I think the effects are better on this stretch of the railroad. Of course, I think the details in the train station is cooler than the ride itself!ย Not to mention the air conditioning is amazing in this place!

6ย 7

At the other end of the tracks you exit right into Hogsmeade! I can’t even remember what it was like before they added the train. It’s such a great addition to the parks! While I stopped to take this cool photo Hogsmeade we opted to go the opposite direction.

Inย The Lost Continent I finally made time to see one of my favorite attractions in the Universal parks;ย Poseidon’s Fury is an indoor walking tour through an epic battle. You venture through the attraction with a live tour guide, so they can really make or break the experience. Our guide was awesome, though! Pro Tip: the wait time always says a minimum of 25 minutes, but we were heading inside after just 10 minutes. Don’t let the wait time scare you off.

Over inย Seuss Landing it was still just a 5 minute wait for theย The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!ย If you’ve passed by this ride thinking it’s only for kids, then think again. This ride has the most epic views of Seuss Landing. Especially when the skies are so pretty and blue it’s just breathtaking up there!

10ย 11

It isn’t just Suess Landing that looks great up there, either! Take a look at this photo ofย The Incredible Hulk Coaster. This little ride gives lovely views from all over the park. If you visit, be sure not to count it out! What do you think? Have you ridden this ride? What’s your favorite part?

Next I stopped by Star Wars Weekends for a quick visit. I have to be honest, I’m not much of a Star Wars fan and it’s tough to get excited about this event. But as you can see below, I’m very much in the minority! Hours before the fireworks a huge crowd was gathered in front of the event stage. Also, Star Tours had a 30 minute wait thanks to this crowd!

14ย 18

Taking one quick detour from the Star Wars event, you can see in Animation Courtyard that Inside Out banners have gone up. Construction is still continuing back by the Animation gift shop. I wonder what they’re doing back there??

So, if you can believe it all these people are waiting to meet Darth Vader! It must have been a 45 minute wait. All of the main characters from the Star Wars films were posted in various spots inside the park and all of them had lines like this one. It was the most crowded I’ve seen the Studios since last year! Despite the crowds and heat everyone seemed to be having a great time. I wish I could get more into it, the fandom seems so nice and fun!

There were also characters floating around in the walkways attracting crowds. There were not any lines established for them, but rather the characters seemed to pick who was next for a photo. This is how nearly all character meet and greets work in Japan, so I was surprised to see the system here. So who is this character? Can anyone let me know in the comments below? She seemed to really intimidate people!

Our last stop this week is Epcot where Innoventions is taking its last, dying breath. It’s basically just an air conditioned walkway. The only things left are the Chase Disney Character Greeting area, video game consoles, and some benches. I’m really confused why they are keeping this open for limited hours during the renovation. I hope they’re building something good behind those walls!

19ย 20

Next we cashed in out FastPass+ forย Living with the Land. I have to say, after all the trauma we went through with the new system it’s working great for us now! We even scored sitting in the front row. ๐Ÿ™‚

21ย 22

Next we visitedย The Seas with Nemo & Friends right next door. For those who haven’t visited (or watched it on YouTube) this ride is very similar to the Nemo Subs out in Disneyland. However, I think our ride is much better done. At the end Pearl is in a small window begging for you to take her with you because she’s sick of the ride soundtrack. This always cracks me up!

Last week Dawn had asked to see some photos of the latest tote bags in the parks. Below are the ones I found. All below are $39.99 except the navy one below left which was $24.99. Lots of pink going on these days!

24ย 25

26ย 27

One more tote bag is below, but I wanted to show all the other stuff that went with it too. I love this new, funky beach motif. All the stuff is so cute and well made. Of course, maybe that’s just because my favorite color is orange. Again, the tote here is $39.99.

After shopping we popped into Mexico and noticed it was much, much brighter in there! I noticed while we were still in the entry way that more light was streaming out. It’s nice to be able to see clearly in there, but it does lose a little bit of charm. I can’t decide which way I like it better. The ride remains unchanged.

29ย 30

Our last stop isย Spaceship Earth since Cleo was nice enough to ask me to visit. I finally got a good photo of the sleeping monk! That one has been on my bucket list for a while. The current version of this ride isn’t my favorite, but Spaceship Earth is a classic and I seldom visit the park without stopping by to thank the Phoenicians. What’s your favorite ride in Epcot?

31ย 32

That’s everything for this week! Do you know a frequent visitor to Disney that might want to fill my crazy shoes? Please let me know in the comments below. Of course, thanks so much for reading. I love you guys!ย

Daisy Lauren

I'm just about the biggest Touring Plans fan ever and still pinching myself that they let me be part of the team! I love sharing all things Disney with you and always appreciate your ideas and feedback at: daisylauren@touringplans.com or @dizdaisylauren on twitter Above everything else THANK YOU for reading and commenting!

64 thoughts on “Daisy Lauren’s Last Best Week Ever

• May 21, 2015 at 6:21 am

Aw!! I’m going to miss your great posts! Where else will I get my lion fix ๐Ÿ™

• May 21, 2015 at 8:11 am

Aw, Michelle. Follow on Instagram, you know I’m always lion stalking! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• May 21, 2015 at 6:21 am

That’s Aurra Sing, she’s a cyborg bounty hunter who appears for all of about four seconds during the podrace in Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.

• May 21, 2015 at 8:12 am

Thanks, Nate! I knew somebody would know. Now I can google her. ๐Ÿ™‚ Pale, creepy finger lady didn’t return any results. LOL

• May 21, 2015 at 6:58 am

I will miss your weekly posts and photos! I always looked forward to them. Good luck with the new job!

• May 21, 2015 at 8:13 am

Thank you, Christine! I promise I’ll miss it more than you. I love sharing the parks so much. I’m so sad to see this come to an end. Thanks for the good wishes! ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 21, 2015 at 7:11 am

Congratulations! I rarely comment but I’m a faithful blog reader. I always look forward to your posts. You will be missed – good luck!

• May 21, 2015 at 8:14 am

Thanks for reading, Shelley. I’m so glad you’ve been enjoying the blogs. I’ll miss you guys more! ๐Ÿ˜€

• May 21, 2015 at 7:38 am

Aww, bummed this is your last ‘Best Week Ever!’ I really enjoyed your posts. BUT, I’m happy for your future endeavors.
    That said, it seems like there’s a job opening at TP– *clears throat*. Wink, wink.
    Best of luck and you’ll be missed!

• May 21, 2015 at 8:18 am

Well thank you, Ashley! And I’m pretty sure there is an opening – I don’t think anyone on the team is going to sign up for my weekly madness. LOL. It’s the best hobby ever and if I could still support it then wild horses couldn’t take it away from me. ๐Ÿ˜€

• May 21, 2015 at 8:31 am

Sorry to see you go. Your articles are always such an entertaining read. Best of luck…

• May 21, 2015 at 9:52 am

Hi Scott! Thank you and thanks for reading. I appreciate it! ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 21, 2015 at 8:48 am

Congrats Daisy! Will definitely miss your reports though. Thanks for all the Thursday entertainment! Best of luck!

• May 21, 2015 at 9:53 am

Thanks, Lizzie. I’ll miss it too. ๐Ÿ™ I’m sure TouringPlans will find a great replacement. They’ve always been my favorite blog. ๐Ÿ˜€

• May 21, 2015 at 8:52 am

I am definitely sad to see Best Week Ever come to an end, it has been a post I look forward to every week. It has been a pleasure reading your posts and I wish you the best of luck with your promotion.

• May 21, 2015 at 9:54 am

Thank you, Jennifer! I appreciate your comment and well wishes so much!

• May 21, 2015 at 9:01 am

This is always one of my favorite posts. Look forward to it each week. Sorry to see it go, but congrats on your big promotion.

• May 21, 2015 at 9:54 am

Thanks, Mark. I’m sorry to see me go too! LOL ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 21, 2015 at 9:31 am

Hi Daisy,

Like most people here I have mixed feelings. I’m super happy for your new opportunity but I’m super sad that it’s taking you away from this blog. How will I make it through Thursday to get to Friday without your blog updates ๐Ÿ™ . That said, I hope your promotion keeps you able to still see awesome stuff. Thank you for the pictures of Spaceship Earth, it’s always one of my favorites. ๐Ÿ™‚ The tote that you have pictured that was the cheaper one at $24.99 I actually like the best of all of them. And I’m so glad someone else loves orange, it never gets enough love in my opinion.

I hope you’ll have time to every once in a while post maybe a “Best Day Ever” type of article that’s shorter than the BWE? Best of luck to you Daisy!

• May 21, 2015 at 9:57 am

Hi Cleo! I know – I’m sad too. I think they’ll still let me pop in and share here and there. I just knew that I couldn’t keep up and it wasn’t fair to you guys. I was in Asia twice in April and writing blogs in 3 different countries.. it was just too much. I love you guys, though. I know I’ll be able to do a good job on the Instagram account. ๐Ÿ™‚

PS – I like the cheapest bag best too! I wonder which one Dawn will like?

• May 21, 2015 at 9:41 am

We are super sad to see the end of this column too. Somehow I think Disney Derek’s Best Week Ever would take an entirely different tone.

Daisy has done a great job building an audience from my vague assignment – “hey, how about writing a weekly column about what you see in the parks?”

We will still be bringing you guys current park news from our local writers, but we haven’t settled on the exact details yet.

• May 21, 2015 at 10:00 am

Derek’s Best Week Ever would be at least 20% cooler. ๐Ÿ˜‰

(anybody, anybody?)

• May 21, 2015 at 11:44 am

Derek’s best week ever would be hilarious. That said, I loved reading your post every week. It was wonderful to be able to visit the parks with you and see what was new. We have only been to Disney World 3 times, but your column helped me stay in touch with my Disney side. Good luck with your new job and congratulations on the promotion.

• May 21, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Thank you, Laura. Personally, I’d love to see Derek’s take! ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 23, 2015 at 5:11 pm

There’s not enough Xanax in the world. Plus, I’m not sure the Disney community would find me seeing the stuck Seven Dwarfs Mine Train this week and adding “however, because the coaster moves so slow it took five minutes before guests realized they had been stopped the whole time.”

Your work is an inspiration Daisy, and you bring a wonderful charm and wit to each post. Not only do you have GREAT photos but your presentation itself is amazing (I’ll never figure out how you do it!) Good luck and we’re all rooting for you.
            derekb

• May 28, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Would it be 20% cooler because it is priced for the outlets? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gonna miss your column, Daisyโ€ฆbut thankfully I’m so horribly behind on reading things that your column will last me at least another six months!

• May 28, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Aw yeah Rainbow Dash! (Would it be Rainbow Derek then?)

Best of luck Daisy! We’ll miss you!!

• May 21, 2015 at 10:31 am

Congrats on the promotion. Sorry to see you go, I’m sure your weeks will always be the best week ever anyways ๐Ÿ˜‰

On ET I always wondered why they go to such trouble asking everyone’s name and how to pronounce it. I didn’t realize ET said anyone’s name.

• May 21, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Thank you, Lisa. I’m sorry to go.

And you’re so right! ET doesn’t sound like he’s saying anything at all when he tries to blurt out 12 names! But with 4 names he sounded great! ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 21, 2015 at 10:59 am

Hey Daisy, Love the blog! living the UK you give me a weekly fix of what im missing most! Congrats on the promotion but you will be missed! If only i lived in the Orlando area i would certainly have a go at doing a weekly blog but alas im stuck in the rainy UK!

All the best in the future hun!

Debby

xox

• May 21, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Hi Debby- thanks for your lovely comment! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so glad you enjoyed it. *hugs*

• May 21, 2015 at 11:01 am

Congratulations Daisy! I will definitely miss your weekly articles. I loved all of the pictures you take and it seems like we are touring with you. Best of luck and I hope you continue to write for TP when you can!

• May 21, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Thanks, Kim. I loved taking you with me! ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 21, 2015 at 11:15 am

You will be missed! I always felt like I was walking through the Parks with you when I read your blog. Congratulations on your promotion.

• May 21, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Thank you, Theresa! I loved taking you with me. Thanks for coming along! ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 21, 2015 at 1:52 pm

I am so happy for you Daisy but I’m sad to lose my very favourite blog on the TP blog site (no disrespect to the other bloggers). I’m sure you will do amazingly well at your new job and I wish you the very best!

• May 21, 2015 at 5:59 pm

Hi Belinda! Thank you for your kind words. I’ll miss you guys too!!

• May 21, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Best of luck Daisy! Always looked forward to your posts each week, you will very much be missed.

• May 21, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Thank you, Jenny! I’ll miss you guys more.

• May 21, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Your posts have been such a joy, thank you so very much for all the time and effort you have put into these, they have been greatly appreciated.

Wishing you all the very best in your new role.

• May 21, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Thank you, Kirsty! It was an absolute joy. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll miss you guys very much.

• May 21, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Oh no! So sad to see you go but good luck on your next adventure! Is there anyone worthy to step up and fill your shoes??

E.T. the ride is so corny, but we have to ride it every time. Strangely, I’ve never heard it say my name. And I absolutely love the Hulk rollercoaster. About 10 years ago, you couldn’t get me on a rollercoaster – period; now I ride my family under the table.

• May 21, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Hey jekylldog! I’m sure there is someone out there. It’s so much fun, who wouldn’t want to do it. Not to mention I have the best readers ever! (Like you!)

You’re a coaster convert??! I’m a roller coaster chicken. I’ve never gotten near the Hulk. I need some of your bravery! ๐Ÿ˜€

• May 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Oh Daisy NO! Please tell me, that this isn’t true! I didn’t expect those kind of so sad news today! I’m crying!!! I’ll miss you so terribly much. You really were the best and I felt in love with your “Best Week Ever”! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart, for your wonderful and magical work here. I really appreciate it. You always made my week. Please take care of yourself and your family and good luck and all the best for your new opportunity and I really hope to read you here again – one day! Big hug and I love you. Always keep the magic alive! <3

• May 21, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Oh Vanessa, sweetie, I’m sorry! It was a surprise for me too. But I’m sure someone new will be along to take my place. I’ll miss you guys so much! Be sure to follow the Instagram account and keep an eye out. I’ll still post when I can! ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 21, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Daisy, you will be greatly missed! Your enthusiastic weekly reports have always been something I look forward to. You kind of make me feel like I’m checking things out right along with you. I’ve also enjoyed your wonderful photos. Good luck with your new position and it’s nice to know that even though you are ending your weekly blog, you won’t be a stranger going forward. Thank you so much for your contributions to this website and for giving all of us readers a place to come and dream for a few minutes. And just between you and me, you have been my favorite blogger on this site. I would be on my way down to the Touring Plans office first thing in the morning to apply for this assignment…but…I’m more than three states away so I’ll have to figure something else out…lol.

• May 22, 2015 at 11:09 am

Hi Steve! That’s so cool – thank you! Sometimes I just felt like it was only my mom reading. ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice to know all you guys were out there. And yes, I won’t be a stranger. Follow the Touring Plans account on Instagram and I’ll be sure to pop back in over here when I can. ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 21, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Oh Daisy, So sorry your blog is coming to an end. I have so enjoyed your friendly writing style and humor! I feel like a good friend is moving away. Thank You for all the time and effort you have put into sharing the Parks with us through your awesome photos and words. Best of luck in your future endeavors!!

• May 22, 2015 at 11:12 am

Hi Desiree – I feel the same way. It’s like I’m losing all my buddies. ๐Ÿ™ But I’m still in Instagram and I’ll be checking in on the blog when I can. I really appreciate the nice comments! Don’t be a stranger. I’m on twitter and I still have my email address. ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 21, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Ack! I can’t believe the Best Week Ever is the Last Week Ever. ๐Ÿ™

I’ll miss your posts. I’m happy that you got an awesome promotion though! You’re posts were my absolute favorite. I’ll just have to keep re-reading them every week, lol.

Thanks for snapping some bag pics, love them! And the cheapest one is my favorite too but I already own that one. I love the Minnie beach one! Orange is underrated and such a fun color, I’m going to have to find a way to get one of those. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m excited about is being brighter inside the Mexico pavilion. I complain about how dark it is every time we go in there, lol.

I’m so sad to see you go! I had to read the title twice to make sure it really said what I was hoping it didn’t say. Thanks for the best blog posts ever and I wish you the best of luck with your new job! And apparently I’m going to have to make an instagram account. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• May 22, 2015 at 11:15 am

Hi Dawn – I can’t believe it either. I would much rather have left my day job, but it pays the bills. ๐Ÿ™ This has been SO much fun and I’m lucky to have had the best readers anywhere. But, it isn’t really goodbye. I’ll still be around for a blog here and there. And I still have my email addy and twitter! Don’t be a stranger, ya’ll!

• May 21, 2015 at 10:40 pm

I am very sad to see you go! Thanks Daisy! You have done a great job and I enjoy your pictures and writing very much! See you over at Instagram!!

• May 22, 2015 at 11:16 am

Thanks, Christin! See you there! We’re going to have lots of fun. I have so many more photos to share! ๐Ÿ˜€

• May 22, 2015 at 8:02 am

Best of luck, Daisy. I’ll miss your posts that gave me a bit of the Disney magic even though I couldn’t be there. I hope we see you back at the blog soon.

• May 22, 2015 at 11:17 am

Thank you, JoAnn! I hope I’m back soon and often. ๐Ÿ™‚ Miss you guys already!

• May 22, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Congrats on the new promotion! I have loved reading your posts, and by all the wonderful comments people have left I am certainly not alone. You’ve brought a bit of joy to us all. I wish you the best and look forward to your drop-in posts.

• May 23, 2015 at 3:30 am

I love Daisy’s Best Week Ever! I am from the UK and devour everything I can find about WDW but your articles are some of my favourites. I would love to live near WDW and will keep buying the lottery tickets lol. Congratulations on your new job. Hope we hear from you really soon with an occasional blog. All the best x

• May 24, 2015 at 12:09 am

Thank you, Daisy, and good luck from California!

• May 25, 2015 at 8:15 am

Oh no! I will miss you A LOT!! Congratulations & good luck on your new role! Thank you for bringing bright, sunny posts from my favorite place! Take care!

• May 25, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Hi Daisy, I really like your posts and will miss them. Best of luck. Thank You!

• May 28, 2015 at 8:19 am

Hi Daisy,
    I don’t normally comment on posts, but I had to say that I loved your column and I’m so sad to see you go! I looked forward to reading every week, and your articles made me feel like I was on a mini-vacation with every read. I don’t know what I’ll do without my Daisy fix every week, but I know you are on to bigger and better things! Good luck with your promotion and thank you for everything!!

• Pingback:Seth Kubersky's Best Week Ever: 24-Hour Day at Magic Kingdom - TouringPlans.com Blog | TouringPlans.com Blog

• May 29, 2015 at 2:06 am

I do so hope that you’ll still post from time to time, Daisy! I’ve really enjoyed your blogs here. Hearty congratulations to you on your new promotion; how exciting! ๐Ÿ˜€

• May 29, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Oh Daisy, first let me add my congratulations on the promotion. I am truly happy for you and wish you success! Next let me add my own “Noooooooooo!” to the chorus of people who will miss your weekly column. I don’t often comment, but I look forward to reading your column every week. It was great having someone who asked her readers for suggestions and then followed up on them.