Daisy Lauren’s Last Best Week Ever

by on May 21, 2015 64 Comments

Filed under: Best Week Ever, Merchandise, Observations, Universal Orlando Resort

1Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Best Week Ever here at Walt Disney World. And sadly, yes, the title is true. This will be my last Best Week Ever article! πŸ™ Remember that day job that keeps me from posting photos of myself? Well, I’ve been given an incredible promotion that will involve much more travel. While I couldn’t be more excited about the opportunity, it will make it impossible to keep up with my weekly updates.

I’m so thankful to all of you that have read over the last year. I’ll still be helping out on the Touring Plans instagram account, so if you miss me you can find me there. (I know I’ll miss you!) And they’ve told me I can still stop by and post when I have time. So it isn’t really goodbye. πŸ™‚ But that’s enough sad stuff, let’s get going with all the theme park goodness from last week!

As you can tell from the photo above, I started this week at Universal Orlando. We don’t make it out that way nearly enough, but we love the parks. Arriving just after opening meant there were no crowds! It was great! I think we enjoyed the quiet morning walk as much as the park itself.

So where did we head to next? Why don’t you click to find out? πŸ™‚

Our first ride just a few minutes after opening wasΒ E.T. Adventure. There were only two other people in the preshow area with us and they even snuck us through a backdoor in the queue that lead directly to the loading area. If you’ve never ridden, at the end E.T. says your name. It’s been a bit of a joke that E.T. can’t really say those names in the amount of time when the ride vehicles breeze by. Ironically, when there are only four people riding he does a great job!

Next stop on the walking tour was Springfield. The Simpsons ride didn’t have any wait at all, but it makes my hubby motion sick so we passed on it. This area is so well themed that I could poke around for ages looking at all the little details. They also have great Simpsons themed merchandise!

4Β 5

Our entire reason for starting the morning at Universal Studios was to ride theΒ Hogwarts Express – King’s Cross Station. We’d ridden the train from the other park several times, but heard it was different going the other way. That turned out to be true! I think the effects are better on this stretch of the railroad. Of course, I think the details in the train station is cooler than the ride itself!Β Not to mention the air conditioning is amazing in this place!

6Β 7

At the other end of the tracks you exit right into Hogsmeade! I can’t even remember what it was like before they added the train. It’s such a great addition to the parks! While I stopped to take this cool photo Hogsmeade we opted to go the opposite direction.

InΒ The Lost Continent I finally made time to see one of my favorite attractions in the Universal parks;Β Poseidon’s Fury is an indoor walking tour through an epic battle. You venture through the attraction with a live tour guide, so they can really make or break the experience. Our guide was awesome, though! Pro Tip: the wait time always says a minimum of 25 minutes, but we were heading inside after just 10 minutes. Don’t let the wait time scare you off.

Over inΒ Seuss Landing it was still just a 5 minute wait for theΒ The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!Β If you’ve passed by this ride thinking it’s only for kids, then think again. This ride has the most epic views of Seuss Landing. Especially when the skies are so pretty and blue it’s just breathtaking up there!

10Β 11

It isn’t just Suess Landing that looks great up there, either! Take a look at this photo ofΒ The Incredible Hulk Coaster. This little ride gives lovely views from all over the park. If you visit, be sure not to count it out! What do you think? Have you ridden this ride? What’s your favorite part?

Next I stopped by Star Wars Weekends for a quick visit. I have to be honest, I’m not much of a Star Wars fan and it’s tough to get excited about this event. But as you can see below, I’m very much in the minority! Hours before the fireworks a huge crowd was gathered in front of the event stage. Also, Star Tours had a 30 minute wait thanks to this crowd!

14Β 18

Taking one quick detour from the Star Wars event, you can see in Animation Courtyard that Inside Out banners have gone up. Construction is still continuing back by the Animation gift shop. I wonder what they’re doing back there??

So, if you can believe it all these people are waiting to meet Darth Vader! It must have been a 45 minute wait. All of the main characters from the Star Wars films were posted in various spots inside the park and all of them had lines like this one. It was the most crowded I’ve seen the Studios since last year! Despite the crowds and heat everyone seemed to be having a great time. I wish I could get more into it, the fandom seems so nice and fun!

There were also characters floating around in the walkways attracting crowds. There were not any lines established for them, but rather the characters seemed to pick who was next for a photo. This is how nearly all character meet and greets work in Japan, so I was surprised to see the system here. So who is this character? Can anyone let me know in the comments below? She seemed to really intimidate people!

Our last stop this week is Epcot where Innoventions is taking its last, dying breath. It’s basically just an air conditioned walkway. The only things left are the Chase Disney Character Greeting area, video game consoles, and some benches. I’m really confused why they are keeping this open for limited hours during the renovation. I hope they’re building something good behind those walls!

19Β 20

Next we cashed in out FastPass+ forΒ Living with the Land. I have to say, after all the trauma we went through with the new system it’s working great for us now! We even scored sitting in the front row. πŸ™‚

21Β 22

Next we visitedΒ The Seas with Nemo & Friends right next door. For those who haven’t visited (or watched it on YouTube) this ride is very similar to the Nemo Subs out in Disneyland. However, I think our ride is much better done. At the end Pearl is in a small window begging for you to take her with you because she’s sick of the ride soundtrack. This always cracks me up!

Last week Dawn had asked to see some photos of the latest tote bags in the parks. Below are the ones I found. All below are $39.99 except the navy one below left which was $24.99. Lots of pink going on these days!

24Β 25

26Β 27

One more tote bag is below, but I wanted to show all the other stuff that went with it too. I love this new, funky beach motif. All the stuff is so cute and well made. Of course, maybe that’s just because my favorite color is orange. Again, the tote here is $39.99.

After shopping we popped into Mexico and noticed it was much, much brighter in there! I noticed while we were still in the entry way that more light was streaming out. It’s nice to be able to see clearly in there, but it does lose a little bit of charm. I can’t decide which way I like it better. The ride remains unchanged.

29Β 30

Our last stop isΒ Spaceship Earth since Cleo was nice enough to ask me to visit. I finally got a good photo of the sleeping monk! That one has been on my bucket list for a while. The current version of this ride isn’t my favorite, but Spaceship Earth is a classic and I seldom visit the park without stopping by to thank the Phoenicians. What’s your favorite ride in Epcot?

31Β 32

That’s everything for this week! Do you know a frequent visitor to Disney that might want to fill my crazy shoes? Please let me know in the comments below. Of course, thanks so much for reading. I love you guys!Β

Posted on May 21, 2015

64 Responses to “Daisy Lauren’s Last Best Week Ever”

• Aw!! I’m going to miss your great posts! Where else will I get my lion fix πŸ™

• That’s Aurra Sing, she’s a cyborg bounty hunter who appears for all of about four seconds during the podrace in Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.

• by Daisy Lauren on May 21, 2015, at 8:12 am EST

Thanks, Nate! I knew somebody would know. Now I can google her. πŸ™‚ Pale, creepy finger lady didn’t return any results. LOL

• I will miss your weekly posts and photos! I always looked forward to them. Good luck with the new job!

• by Daisy Lauren on May 21, 2015, at 8:13 am EST

Thank you, Christine! I promise I’ll miss it more than you. I love sharing the parks so much. I’m so sad to see this come to an end. Thanks for the good wishes! πŸ™‚

• Congratulations! I rarely comment but I’m a faithful blog reader. I always look forward to your posts. You will be missed – good luck!

• by Daisy Lauren on May 21, 2015, at 8:14 am EST

Thanks for reading, Shelley. I’m so glad you’ve been enjoying the blogs. I’ll miss you guys more! πŸ˜€

• Aww, bummed this is your last ‘Best Week Ever!’ I really enjoyed your posts. BUT, I’m happy for your future endeavors.
    That said, it seems like there’s a job opening at TP– *clears throat*. Wink, wink.
    Best of luck and you’ll be missed!

• by Daisy Lauren on May 21, 2015, at 8:18 am EST

Well thank you, Ashley! And I’m pretty sure there is an opening – I don’t think anyone on the team is going to sign up for my weekly madness. LOL. It’s the best hobby ever and if I could still support it then wild horses couldn’t take it away from me. πŸ˜€

• Sorry to see you go. Your articles are always such an entertaining read. Best of luck…

• Congrats Daisy! Will definitely miss your reports though. Thanks for all the Thursday entertainment! Best of luck!

• by Daisy Lauren on May 21, 2015, at 9:53 am EST

Thanks, Lizzie. I’ll miss it too. πŸ™ I’m sure TouringPlans will find a great replacement. They’ve always been my favorite blog. πŸ˜€

• I am definitely sad to see Best Week Ever come to an end, it has been a post I look forward to every week. It has been a pleasure reading your posts and I wish you the best of luck with your promotion.

• This is always one of my favorite posts. Look forward to it each week. Sorry to see it go, but congrats on your big promotion.

• Hi Daisy,

Like most people here I have mixed feelings. I’m super happy for your new opportunity but I’m super sad that it’s taking you away from this blog. How will I make it through Thursday to get to Friday without your blog updates πŸ™ . That said, I hope your promotion keeps you able to still see awesome stuff. Thank you for the pictures of Spaceship Earth, it’s always one of my favorites. πŸ™‚ The tote that you have pictured that was the cheaper one at $24.99 I actually like the best of all of them. And I’m so glad someone else loves orange, it never gets enough love in my opinion.

I hope you’ll have time to every once in a while post maybe a “Best Day Ever” type of article that’s shorter than the BWE? Best of luck to you Daisy!

• by Daisy Lauren on May 21, 2015, at 9:57 am EST

Hi Cleo! I know – I’m sad too. I think they’ll still let me pop in and share here and there. I just knew that I couldn’t keep up and it wasn’t fair to you guys. I was in Asia twice in April and writing blogs in 3 different countries.. it was just too much. I love you guys, though. I know I’ll be able to do a good job on the Instagram account. πŸ™‚

PS – I like the cheapest bag best too! I wonder which one Dawn will like?

• by Laurel Stewart on May 21, 2015, at 9:41 am EST

We are super sad to see the end of this column too. Somehow I think Disney Derek’s Best Week Ever would take an entirely different tone.

Daisy has done a great job building an audience from my vague assignment – “hey, how about writing a weekly column about what you see in the parks?”

We will still be bringing you guys current park news from our local writers, but we haven’t settled on the exact details yet.

• by Daisy Lauren on May 21, 2015, at 10:00 am EST

Derek’s Best Week Ever would be at least 20% cooler. πŸ˜‰

(anybody, anybody?)

• Derek’s best week ever would be hilarious. That said, I loved reading your post every week. It was wonderful to be able to visit the parks with you and see what was new. We have only been to Disney World 3 times, but your column helped me stay in touch with my Disney side. Good luck with your new job and congratulations on the promotion.

• by Daisy Lauren on May 21, 2015, at 5:52 pm EST

Thank you, Laura. Personally, I’d love to see Derek’s take! πŸ™‚

• There’s not enough Xanax in the world. Plus, I’m not sure the Disney community would find me seeing the stuck Seven Dwarfs Mine Train this week and adding “however, because the coaster moves so slow it took five minutes before guests realized they had been stopped the whole time.”

Your work is an inspiration Daisy, and you bring a wonderful charm and wit to each post. Not only do you have GREAT photos but your presentation itself is amazing (I’ll never figure out how you do it!) Good luck and we’re all rooting for you.
            derekb

• by Julia Mascardo on May 28, 2015, at 7:11 pm EST

Would it be 20% cooler because it is priced for the outlets? πŸ˜‰

Gonna miss your column, Daisy…but thankfully I’m so horribly behind on reading things that your column will last me at least another six months!

• Aw yeah Rainbow Dash! (Would it be Rainbow Derek then?)

Best of luck Daisy! We’ll miss you!!

• Congrats on the promotion. Sorry to see you go, I’m sure your weeks will always be the best week ever anyways πŸ˜‰

On ET I always wondered why they go to such trouble asking everyone’s name and how to pronounce it. I didn’t realize ET said anyone’s name.

• by Daisy Lauren on May 21, 2015, at 5:54 pm EST

Thank you, Lisa. I’m sorry to go.

And you’re so right! ET doesn’t sound like he’s saying anything at all when he tries to blurt out 12 names! But with 4 names he sounded great! πŸ™‚

• by Deborah Gray on May 21, 2015, at 10:59 am EST

Hey Daisy, Love the blog! living the UK you give me a weekly fix of what im missing most! Congrats on the promotion but you will be missed! If only i lived in the Orlando area i would certainly have a go at doing a weekly blog but alas im stuck in the rainy UK!

All the best in the future hun!

Debby

xox

• Congratulations Daisy! I will definitely miss your weekly articles. I loved all of the pictures you take and it seems like we are touring with you. Best of luck and I hope you continue to write for TP when you can!

• You will be missed! I always felt like I was walking through the Parks with you when I read your blog. Congratulations on your promotion.

• by Belinda (EthicalAddict on Lines) on May 21, 2015, at 1:52 pm EST

I am so happy for you Daisy but I’m sad to lose my very favourite blog on the TP blog site (no disrespect to the other bloggers). I’m sure you will do amazingly well at your new job and I wish you the very best!

• Best of luck Daisy! Always looked forward to your posts each week, you will very much be missed.

• Your posts have been such a joy, thank you so very much for all the time and effort you have put into these, they have been greatly appreciated.

Wishing you all the very best in your new role.

• Oh no! So sad to see you go but good luck on your next adventure! Is there anyone worthy to step up and fill your shoes??

E.T. the ride is so corny, but we have to ride it every time. Strangely, I’ve never heard it say my name. And I absolutely love the Hulk rollercoaster. About 10 years ago, you couldn’t get me on a rollercoaster – period; now I ride my family under the table.

• by Daisy Lauren on May 21, 2015, at 6:02 pm EST

Hey jekylldog! I’m sure there is someone out there. It’s so much fun, who wouldn’t want to do it. Not to mention I have the best readers ever! (Like you!)

You’re a coaster convert??! I’m a roller coaster chicken. I’ve never gotten near the Hulk. I need some of your bravery! πŸ˜€

• by Vanessa Schomberg on May 21, 2015, at 3:02 pm EST

Oh Daisy NO! Please tell me, that this isn’t true! I didn’t expect those kind of so sad news today! I’m crying!!! I’ll miss you so terribly much. You really were the best and I felt in love with your “Best Week Ever”! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart, for your wonderful and magical work here. I really appreciate it. You always made my week. Please take care of yourself and your family and good luck and all the best for your new opportunity and I really hope to read you here again – one day! Big hug and I love you. Always keep the magic alive! <3

• by Daisy Lauren on May 21, 2015, at 6:04 pm EST

Oh Vanessa, sweetie, I’m sorry! It was a surprise for me too. But I’m sure someone new will be along to take my place. I’ll miss you guys so much! Be sure to follow the Instagram account and keep an eye out. I’ll still post when I can! πŸ™‚

• Daisy, you will be greatly missed! Your enthusiastic weekly reports have always been something I look forward to. You kind of make me feel like I’m checking things out right along with you. I’ve also enjoyed your wonderful photos. Good luck with your new position and it’s nice to know that even though you are ending your weekly blog, you won’t be a stranger going forward. Thank you so much for your contributions to this website and for giving all of us readers a place to come and dream for a few minutes. And just between you and me, you have been my favorite blogger on this site. I would be on my way down to the Touring Plans office first thing in the morning to apply for this assignment…but…I’m more than three states away so I’ll have to figure something else out…lol.

• by Daisy Lauren on May 22, 2015, at 11:09 am EST

Hi Steve! That’s so cool – thank you! Sometimes I just felt like it was only my mom reading. πŸ™‚ Nice to know all you guys were out there. And yes, I won’t be a stranger. Follow the Touring Plans account on Instagram and I’ll be sure to pop back in over here when I can. πŸ™‚

• Oh Daisy, So sorry your blog is coming to an end. I have so enjoyed your friendly writing style and humor! I feel like a good friend is moving away. Thank You for all the time and effort you have put into sharing the Parks with us through your awesome photos and words. Best of luck in your future endeavors!!

• by Daisy Lauren on May 22, 2015, at 11:12 am EST

Hi Desiree – I feel the same way. It’s like I’m losing all my buddies. πŸ™ But I’m still in Instagram and I’ll be checking in on the blog when I can. I really appreciate the nice comments! Don’t be a stranger. I’m on twitter and I still have my email address. πŸ™‚

• Ack! I can’t believe the Best Week Ever is the Last Week Ever. πŸ™

I’ll miss your posts. I’m happy that you got an awesome promotion though! You’re posts were my absolute favorite. I’ll just have to keep re-reading them every week, lol.

Thanks for snapping some bag pics, love them! And the cheapest one is my favorite too but I already own that one. I love the Minnie beach one! Orange is underrated and such a fun color, I’m going to have to find a way to get one of those. πŸ˜‰

I’m excited about is being brighter inside the Mexico pavilion. I complain about how dark it is every time we go in there, lol.

I’m so sad to see you go! I had to read the title twice to make sure it really said what I was hoping it didn’t say. Thanks for the best blog posts ever and I wish you the best of luck with your new job! And apparently I’m going to have to make an instagram account. πŸ˜‰

• by Daisy Lauren on May 22, 2015, at 11:15 am EST

Hi Dawn – I can’t believe it either. I would much rather have left my day job, but it pays the bills. πŸ™ This has been SO much fun and I’m lucky to have had the best readers anywhere. But, it isn’t really goodbye. I’ll still be around for a blog here and there. And I still have my email addy and twitter! Don’t be a stranger, ya’ll!

• I am very sad to see you go! Thanks Daisy! You have done a great job and I enjoy your pictures and writing very much! See you over at Instagram!!

• by Daisy Lauren on May 22, 2015, at 11:16 am EST

Thanks, Christin! See you there! We’re going to have lots of fun. I have so many more photos to share! πŸ˜€

• Best of luck, Daisy. I’ll miss your posts that gave me a bit of the Disney magic even though I couldn’t be there. I hope we see you back at the blog soon.

• Congrats on the new promotion! I have loved reading your posts, and by all the wonderful comments people have left I am certainly not alone. You’ve brought a bit of joy to us all. I wish you the best and look forward to your drop-in posts.

• by Ruth Woodhouse on May 23, 2015, at 3:30 am EST

I love Daisy’s Best Week Ever! I am from the UK and devour everything I can find about WDW but your articles are some of my favourites. I would love to live near WDW and will keep buying the lottery tickets lol. Congratulations on your new job. Hope we hear from you really soon with an occasional blog. All the best x

• Thank you, Daisy, and good luck from California!

• Oh no! I will miss you A LOT!! Congratulations & good luck on your new role! Thank you for bringing bright, sunny posts from my favorite place! Take care!

• Hi Daisy, I really like your posts and will miss them. Best of luck. Thank You!

• Hi Daisy,
    I don’t normally comment on posts, but I had to say that I loved your column and I’m so sad to see you go! I looked forward to reading every week, and your articles made me feel like I was on a mini-vacation with every read. I don’t know what I’ll do without my Daisy fix every week, but I know you are on to bigger and better things! Good luck with your promotion and thank you for everything!!

• I do so hope that you’ll still post from time to time, Daisy! I’ve really enjoyed your blogs here. Hearty congratulations to you on your new promotion; how exciting! πŸ˜€

• Oh Daisy, first let me add my congratulations on the promotion. I am truly happy for you and wish you success! Next let me add my own “Noooooooooo!” to the chorus of people who will miss your weekly column. I don’t often comment, but I look forward to reading your column every week. It was great having someone who asked her readers for suggestions and then followed up on them.