Toy Story Land Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

With the recent announcement of Star Wars Land coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios today, you didn’t think that would be the only thing announced for the park, right? Of course it wouldn’t be! Toy Story Land has officially been confirmed for the park.

Toy Story Land will be an 11 acre, immersive land that will shrink you down to the size of a toy where you’ll make your way into Andy’s backyard play land. He’s set up block, toys, game board pieces, pretty much anything that would help to create the perfect setting for this land. This new land will include two additional attractions to the park.

©Disney
©Disney

The first will be a family-friendly coaster that will will zip and zoom, plunge and coast as it takes guests on a thrilling, toy-filled adventure throughout the new land on the back of Slinky Dog (who will be your ride vehicle.) You will see your favorite characters and as you fly along the track, it will cause things to trigger along the way.

Slinky Dog Attraction Concept Art
©Disney

The second attraction will feature the Little Green Aliens in the alien saucers attraction. The attraction will take guests for a spin in their own flying saucer.  The music, lighting and sound effects add to the flurry of action as The Claw looms over you. (I believe based off the brief glimpse of concept art I caught that it will be similar to Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree at Disney California Adventure.)

Of course, guests will also be able to experience the third track of Toy Story Mania, which is currently under construction.

There has been no official time frame announced for this land’s opening.

Adding both this land, as well as Star Wars Land will take Disney’s Hollywood Studios guests from experiencing the park in a behind the scenes manner and instead making it a more immersive experience where guests will go into the movies.

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

14 thoughts on “Toy Story Land Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

• August 15, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Green Army Men or the green aliens?

• August 15, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Looks like there’s another coaster there too. Maybe a Hotwheels coaster? ohpleaseohpleaseohplease.

• August 15, 2015 at 8:14 pm

I know I see more than two attractions in that concept art…I definitely see the Green Army Men parachute attraction from Hong Kong, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see what Disney actually announces with this new land in the future. I think this is just the start of what this new area will include, that’s for sure.

• August 16, 2015 at 2:37 pm

After looking at a much higher resolution version of the concept art, I retract my statement. The Green Army Men parachute thing is a set piece for the Slinky Dog roller coaster.

• Pingback:The Sights of D23 Expo 2015 – Day 2 - TouringPlans.com Blog | TouringPlans.com Blog

• August 16, 2015 at 8:28 am

YAY! Spending money on the parks, finally! Downside, my elementary school aged child that is target market for Toy Story land is going to be completing his PhD thesis by the time this is done. Well…the grand kids are going to love it!

• August 16, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Is anyone else concerned that the green aliens attraction looks and sounds unnervingly like a re-themed teacups attraction?

• August 16, 2015 at 5:34 pm

If you’ve seen what Mater’ Junkyard Jamboree looks like at DCA, it should be a very similar attraction. It’s similar to teacups, but it’s on a much different playing level and really a lot of fun.

• August 17, 2015 at 9:36 am

Hi- Do we know what that “game board” looking part on the concept art is supposed to be?

• August 17, 2015 at 9:37 am

Is the Toy Story Mania show building on the bottom-left of this picture? I’m trying to get an idea of where this fits into the park footprint.

• August 17, 2015 at 7:28 pm

I hold out hope that they will add more Pixar parts to this. I would like more variation with other Pixar properties, not just TS. Really ws hoping for Monstropolis. Still hope for a MI coaster and some The Incredibles attractions.

Of course, i would probably be in the nursing home before this all came about.

• Pingback:Six Of Our Emotions Coming Out Of the D23 Expo | TouringPlans.com Blog