Disney Dining Plan Rates Increasing

New Disney Dining Plan rates for Walt Disney World have been made available, and we hear they may go into effect as early as today, Wednesday, March 9, 2016. This is a 3% increase across the board with no apparent change in service inclusions. Here’s a breakdown of the changes (prices include tax):

Plan Inclusions (per night) Current Price
2 Snacks
1 Refillable Mug
Adult $111.73
Child $32.56
Adult $115.08
Child $35.49

If we notice anything else that has changed, we will let you know.

Brian McNichols

In addition to blogging, I also do some analyzin' here at Touring Plans. I am a travel nut, planning nut, Disney nut, wall nut. Husband of 1, father of 2. Hilariously funny in my own mind. Find me on Twitter @YesThatBrian if you like really dumb jokes.

8 thoughts on “Disney Dining Plan Rates Increasing

• March 9, 2016 at 5:21 am

It does seem very difficult to get value out of the plan now, I remember when we first did it in 2003 you got three course table service meals and tips were included.

Now every time you order a quick service entree under $10 you are losing money, it seems very difficult to get value. If we didn’t get DDP for free (UK package offer) I wouldn’t eat as much as we do at Disney.

• March 9, 2016 at 6:34 am

While the adult prices increased 3%, the price for children is up 9%! We never use the dining plan anyway but I’m sure there will be similar increases at the restaurants.

• March 9, 2016 at 10:40 am

Stopped using the dinning plan years ago, I find the tables in wonderland card to be much more of a value and I’m not feeling shoehorned into buying expensive large items when I really don’t want them to make it worth while.

• March 9, 2016 at 10:47 am

Updated dining and ticket pricing is now live in the Disney booking engine.

• March 9, 2016 at 12:25 pm

If I have already booked and paid for a trip with DDP for May, will I now owe more money or are these price increases only for new bookings?

• March 9, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Only for new bookings or if you make a change to an existing booking that would cause a price change.

• March 9, 2016 at 9:36 pm

I’ve read that stays booked through DVC on points are not affected by the increase because the price of dining plans are contracted for 2016. True?

• Pingback:News Nuggets from Around Disney World — Rope Drop [dot] Net