Disney World Free Dining For Fall 2017

Thanks to Sue Pisaturo from Small World Vacations for the heads up. We have dates for the Disney Free Dining 2017.

Book: April 24 to July 7

Travel: August 21 (edit 1:30pm – August 13 for Disney Visa holders) to September 30, November 14 to 20, November 25-27, December 8 to 23

Details: Value and Moderate – Free Quick Service Plan, Deluxe and Villas – Free Dining Plan

Package must include Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus tickets.

Disney says minimum 5 night/6 day stay, but says other discounts may be available for other trip lengths.

Exceptions:

• Campsites
  • 3-bedroom Villas
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms
  • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Bungalows
  • Disney’s All Star Movies Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Copper Creek Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort

Exception for November and December dates: Riverside

Book or rebook with your travel agent with the “Free Delicious Offer” or via Disney.com. For more on the dining plans and Free Dining, read our summary.

Update 4/25/17: Guests can “upgrade” to the the regular dining plan when booking a Value or Moderate resort for $24.19 (approx)/adult/night. Less per child 9 and under.

Minimum length of park admission is 2 days. Everyone on your reservation must be on the same package.

Laurel Stewart

Laurel has been visiting Walt Disney World since 1971 when she was negative-15 years old and running the Disney races since 2007. Her favorite attraction is Big Thunder Mountain.

19 thoughts on “Disney World Free Dining For Fall 2017

• April 24, 2017 at 8:23 am

I had heard that the start date for Disney Visa holders will be Aug 13th. Any confirmation of that rumor?

• April 24, 2017 at 8:25 am

No confirmation from Disney, no.

• April 24, 2017 at 1:05 pm

I just got that email for card holders- says the 13th

• April 24, 2017 at 2:18 pm

I would have preferred early access to the offer like they’ve done in the past over an earlier start date.

• May 6, 2017 at 3:54 pm

How do you go about booking the free dining for dates prior to August 20th (in my case I’m looking at August 15th)? It is not possible to select anything prior to Aug. 20th on the Disney website. I just called WDW directly and asked about the early date option for Disney Visa card holders, and the rep. I talked to knew nothing about it. She double checked with someone else, said there was no offer like that, and said I’d have to change my date to Aug. 20th or later to qualify (despite being a Disney Visa card holder).

• May 6, 2017 at 4:12 pm

The special for Disney Visa is called “Disney Visa Cardmember Delicious Dining Offer.” If the phone agent can’t find it (which he should), any Disney travel agent can see it on the TA booking site.

• May 6, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Thank you so much!

• April 24, 2017 at 9:40 am

This is a big disappointment. It seems like past deals included the regular dining plan for those staying at a moderate resort. Is requiring a park hopper new as well?

• April 24, 2017 at 10:32 am

Yes, those are both new. I understand your disappointment, many people look forward to this promotion during the year.

• April 25, 2017 at 6:31 pm

The park hopper was a requirement last year too.

• April 24, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Already had rooms booked at CBR starting on 9/30 and when I called to add free dining they’re giving me the run around saying the promo isn’t available. Never had trouble with this before, especially since we already have the rooms booked.

• April 24, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Alan, we ran into the same problem. We had a room-only reservation at All-Star Music in December and by the time my wife got through to a phone operator this morning, she was told there were no free dining packages remaining for that resort during the same time period. But the operator did fill us in on the best way to do it in the future. The key is to not make a room-only reservation, because those can’t be upgraded to a package easily (the original reservation has to be deleted and new one made). We were told we should have booked a package first, then we could have easily made the upgrade ourselves online.

• April 24, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Maybe because Oct. 1 thru Nov. 13 are not included in the deal, so only your first night would be covered and it has to be a 5 night stay. I am never quite clear on how they work these things when your stay is partly in and partly out.

• April 24, 2017 at 5:22 pm

From Disney web site:
      Book Through
      July 7, 2017
      Valid Travel Dates
      •August 21 through September 30, 2017
      •November 14 through November 20, 2017
      •November 25 through November 27, 2017
      •December 8 through December 23, 2017
      Which leaves out a lot of the Fall.

• April 25, 2017 at 2:19 am

What if my reservations are starting on Nov. 14, and checkout is Nov. 22.? Would the dining deal be extended through the 22nd? I heard somewhere that what matters is the start date of the reservation, is this true?

• April 25, 2017 at 8:49 am

If you check in during the travel dates, you can have the promotion for your vacation.

• April 25, 2017 at 9:23 am

When I spoke to an agent yesterday I was told dining promotion was only covered if length of stay occurred within free dining dates. For the room discount you only need to check in by one of the published dates and the room discount can extend for your length of stay.

• April 25, 2017 at 9:27 am

I verified the dates through Disney’s booking engine. You can check out after the dates.

• April 25, 2017 at 9:59 am

Thank you, that’s good to know. I booked a room discount package because the savings was greater for our hotel than the dining. I must have misunderstood the dining information she gave me.