Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside: Overview and Rooms

Hello wonderful readers!

It’s been a couple of weeks (computer issues…ba humbug), but I’m back with a new video.

Join me down the bayou as I take you through Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, a moderate resort in Walt Disney World.

Disclaimer: I filmed this at night after a very long day…there was a lot of singing. I apologize.

Have any video suggestions for me? Want me to cut down on the singing? Let me know in the comments!

Angela Dahlgren

As the host of TouringPlansTV, Angela produces weekly videos on our TouringPlans YouTube channel. When she's not talking about the happiest place on earth, she spends her time entertaining her own little Minnie and Mickey Mouse. You can find her on twitter @AngelaDahlgren

26 thoughts on “Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside: Overview and Rooms

• July 11, 2017 at 11:35 am

…and some of the standard rooms can sleep up to five.

• July 11, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Yes! I forgot to mention the Murphy beds as well. Thank you for pointing that out!

– Angela

• July 11, 2017 at 11:45 am

The singing was great (I do that too).

• July 11, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Thanks Shana. I just can’t help myself when it comes to Disney tunes!

– Angela

• July 11, 2017 at 5:02 pm

Yes please to a segment on POFQ. Love that place and would like to know more.

• July 11, 2017 at 5:13 pm

You got it!

– Angela

• July 11, 2017 at 5:37 pm

I think there needs to be more singing.

Have you thought of doing a duet with Len?

• July 11, 2017 at 5:37 pm

And I put a crown emoji on my iPad, but it didn’t come through.

• July 12, 2017 at 10:34 am

There was, but I had to edit it out to spare you a 15 minute video.

I’m up for a duet if Len is! 😉

Angela

• July 11, 2017 at 5:49 pm

I would like to hear from someone (at least 5’5″) how the Murphy bed is. We’ve got a 15 yr old I’m not sure that bed would be suitable for. That’s the only thing keeping me from staying here…

• July 11, 2017 at 5:50 pm

It’s definitely better for younger kids

• July 13, 2017 at 4:19 pm

Personally, I’m 5’3 and was a little too big for the Murphy bed, you really have to be 5′ and under for your feet not to hang over the bottom!

• July 11, 2017 at 6:17 pm

The Murphy bed is awesome! My 5’10 son ended up sleeping on it. He loved it!!! I wasn’t expecting it to be so nice!!

• July 12, 2017 at 10:37 am

Cynthia,

That’s great to hear! I’ve been told that it’s more suitable for young children, but 5’10? That definitely broadens the age range. Thanks for letting us know!

Angela

• July 12, 2017 at 9:49 am

Awesome! Can the royal rooms hold 5? (Here’s hoping). Also what’s the food and the pools like?

• July 12, 2017 at 10:12 am

Unfortunately, I think all the rooms that sleep five are in Alligator Bayou, and there no royal rooms in those buildings. One nice thing about the pools is that you can share with French Quarter’s. For more info on both Riverside and French Quarter, here’s a good site… http://www.portorleans.org/

• July 12, 2017 at 10:36 am

Jerad, you’re on a role answering these questions. Thanks so much for replying to Robin and Lori!

Lori,

Like he said, only rooms in the Alligator Bayou area hold five. It’s because of the fold-down Murphy beds they have.

I have a video coming next week on the pools, dining and recreation. Stay tuned, and thanks for watching!

Angela

• July 12, 2017 at 9:59 am

We’re heading down to WDW this coming Nov and will, once again, stay at Port Orleans Riverside ( our fourth time )
    We looked ( and researched ) long and hard before picking PO-R as our resort and we have never regretted it.
    First two trips we were in Acadian House ( just hubby and me ) but our last trip we had our son, his two teens and another teen granddaughter with us and we were in building 27 of Alligator Bayou. We much preferred the Bayou and requested a room in that part for this coming trip.
    The whole resort is very relaxing; with shady paths, benches for watching the activities on the river and not only an exceptional food court, but Boatwrights has an outstanding menu, reflecting the deep Southern vibe of the resort.
    I always recommend PO-R to anyone thinking of visiting WDW and am getting more excited as the time of our trip gets closer!!!

• July 12, 2017 at 10:44 am

Holly,

From the people I’ve talked with, the special features at POR sometimes make people who stay at Deluxe resorts reconsider their options. Guests love it that much!

It sounds like you’ve made a home at Riverside. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Angela

• July 12, 2017 at 11:01 am

Hey, great video!! We stayed at por last September and loved it:) Our upcoming stay this December will be at csr. Could you please do a video tutorial on room finder. I have tried it, but have difficulty viewing room views once I click on buildings. Thanks for all you do!!

• July 12, 2017 at 11:10 am

Thanks Terrae!

Of course I will do a room finder video. Adding it to my list!

Angela

• July 13, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Crown

• July 15, 2017 at 2:02 pm

• July 14, 2017 at 3:14 pm

Angela – Please do a video for POFQ and the room finder feature!

Thanks!