Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

9 thoughts on “The Disney Vacation Account Has Been Discontinued

• July 26, 2017 at 11:51 am

I just closed my account. 🙁 Having them send you the gift cards is easy-peasy. There is a link on the website, and as you check out, you can see they are adding the 5%. No need to make a phone call.

• August 1, 2017 at 4:37 pm

so if we got the gift cards we can use that to pay for our Disney trip? we booked through AAA

• July 26, 2017 at 4:48 pm

So very sad. Loved this option, was fun and it worked! Disney continues to shut down things we love:( Hopefully there was a very good reason, I know it helped a lot of us save for our Disney trips…successfully:)

• July 27, 2017 at 12:18 am

The best part of the vacation account was being able to take multiple gift cards left over from other things and combine them in order to book a new Disney vacation. Is there any other way to use multiple gift cards to purchase vacations (hotels stay & tickets) now?

• July 27, 2017 at 10:25 am

You can transfer balances from one gift card to another at disneygiftcard.com. I have one “master” gift card that I always transfer leftover or new funds to, and then I use that card. That way I don’t have to track what I used where if I need to cancel a reservation and get a refund, etc.

• July 27, 2017 at 2:41 pm

I’m trying to close my account out but I can’t get in – is anyone else having this issue?

• July 27, 2017 at 9:20 pm

No bonus for using your balance towards a vacation. So, in reading the options- it sounds like those who are planning to use their balance towards a vacation should still opt to cash out in gift cards to get the 5% bonus and then use it towards your holiday.

• July 28, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Hate to see it go, but enjoying the extra 3% this time around. (You normally get 20 for every $1000 or 2%).

• Pingback:News Nuggets from Around Disney World — Rope Drop [dot] Net