Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2017 + Video

We’re finally approaching my favorite time of the year: FALL!

I love it all: the cooler weather, colorful leaves (here in MN at least) and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

To see what ghoulish festivities this year’s party has in store for you, click on the video below!

Will you be attending the Halloween party this year? Let me know in the comments!

Angela Dahlgren

As the host of TouringPlansTV, Angela produces weekly videos on our TouringPlans YouTube channel. When she's not talking about the happiest place on earth, she spends her time entertaining her own little Minnie and Mickey Mouse. You can find her on twitter @AngelaDahlgren

11 thoughts on “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2017 + Video

• August 22, 2017 at 9:43 am

I heard a rumor that last year, party guests were led through the Main Street bypass and given large treat bags instead of the small ones in previous years. Does anyone know if this is normal for all the parties? Is anyone going to the party on Friday that could confirm or debunk this rumor?

• August 22, 2017 at 10:11 am

I was there last year — and the answer is “yes, sort of”. When we arrived, we were guided through the bypass and got the normal-sized trick or treat bag, but then got a large package of treats as the first trick or treat station of the night. We still were able to go around for trick or treating, but we did remove the large package we got to make more room for candy at the ‘regular’ trick or treat locations.

• August 22, 2017 at 11:39 am

Thanks for the confirmation, Julia! My father-in-law is going to be so excited if we have a similar experience at this year’s party. 🙂

• August 22, 2017 at 10:25 am

Hi there! I would like your opinion on how I should tour the park during MNSSHP. I am going on Sep 1st, arriving at Magic Kingdom at 4pm. Going for the rides, not characters meet and greet. Should I hit Tomorrowland first and tour counter-clockwise? Or hit Adventureland first and tour clockwise? Appreciate your input! ☺️

• August 22, 2017 at 11:46 am

Fab, I went to MNSSHP in 2015 and MVMCP in 2016. In both experiences, I only saw noticeable wait times for headliners (Mine Train) or slow loaders (Astro Orbiter), and even then we’re talking maybe 30 minutes.. I don’t know that there is an “optimized” touring plan for hard ticket events, especially when you go early in the season. Last year we completed all the rides we wanted to experience well before the second parade. That said, with Splash Mtn closed this year, the bigger attractions are on the right side so you might want to start in Adventureland so you aren’t stuck in line with day guests on Mine Train, Space Mtn, etc.

• August 22, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Hi Craig, great to hear you were able to do most of the rides during the party! I believe I will change my original plan, I got some fastpasses from 4-7pm starting in Tomorrowland (buzz, space mountain and tom. Speedway) – but as expected, I couldn’t get mine train. Bummer Splash mountain will be closed that day! My son was super excited to ride it for the first time… Hopefully we can ride most of the park between 4pm and 12am! With stops for some dole whip, turkey leg and nutella waffle! Lol

• August 22, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Craig,

I couldn’t have answered this question better myself! Thank you for helping Fab Michigan out.

Fab,

If the attractions are your main focus, you should have no problem experiencing the rides you want. Good plan to get there at 4pm. You should have plenty of time!

Great question!

Angela

• August 23, 2017 at 12:11 am

I am finishing my new touring plan today! First time going to the Halloween party, excited that the rides are not going to have long lines! Thanks

• August 22, 2017 at 5:00 pm

Last year we were in the park about 4pm and noticed ride queues were huge early on but later in the night everything was walk-up, no queue!

• August 23, 2017 at 12:13 am

Glad to hear that Sue! I will try some fastpasses from 4-7pm to speed up the afternoon lines and enjoy the rest later in the night! Thanks

• August 25, 2017 at 10:54 pm

First.parade is 9:15 pm! 2nd is 11:15 pm.