Sponsored by Storybook Destinations
Ahoy, mateys! I’m Heather, and I’ll be bringing you the up and coming on all things Disney Cruise Line. Welcome back again this week. Let’s see what’s new in the DCL world.
Ports of Call
Disney Cruise Line: In The News
June feels like a season of endless gifting, doesn’t it? Graduations, weddings, and everything in between. Here’s a great one stop shop for all your gifting needs: Disney has released a new line of gift cards in super cute designs available for purchase online. Gift cards can be redeemed in the shops on board, and can also be added to your onboard account to be used towards excursions, food and drinks, and more. No worries about an exchange or return on this gift!
The Disney Magic will be returning to Europe next year for a variety of Mediterranean sailings. On June 14, 2019, there will be an 8-night roundtrip cruise from Rome, a first for DCL! With so many new pre- and post-cruise opportunities, including an Adventures by Disney 3-night pre-stay exploring the highlights of Rome, this itinerary is not one to miss. If you are considering a Mediterranean cruise next summer, this one is definitely going to be a winner!
Here’s this week’s special offers. Most every week of the year, Disney Cruise Line releases special offers for Florida Residents and U.S. Military Personnel. There are also frequently IGT/OGT/VGT rates available for all guests to book. These offers are extremely limited in availability, and all come with certain restrictions, but the prices are amazing! You can book these online, on the phone, or with your travel agent. These are the current offers available this week:
The following films are being shown aboard the Disney Cruise Line ships this month:
- Born In China
- Beauty and the Beast
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Cars 3
- Doctor Strange
- Thor: Ragnarok
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Black Panther
- A Wrinkle In Time
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Incredibles 2 (PremEar June 15)
For future reference, films debut on Disney Cruise Line the same day of their initial release in the United States. Films do vary by ship. Show times are available in your Personal Navigator or the official Disney Cruise Line app.
Captain’s Log: Important Tips and Information
Last week we talked about the Buccaneer Blast fireworks, the highlight (see what I did there?) of Pirate Night. So let’s grab a spyglass and take a closer look at the events of this swashbuckling event!
Nearly every cruise offers a Pirates in the Caribbean night. You won’t find this evening on Alaskan sailings, but you’ll need to draw on your suspension of disbelief for pirate night in the Mediterranean. Here’s what you can expect:
- Take notice of transformation of the ship to a pirate atmosphere, complete with decorations, music, and movies on Funnel Vision.
- Prior to dinner, your stateroom host will leave pirate bandanas for your family. There may even be some “gold treasure” left too!
- If your cruise is 4 nights or longer, you will get to enjoy the pirate-themed menu in the rotational dining rooms.
- No, that’s not the real Captain Barbossa that just strolled by you in the atrium, but you’ll see many guests who go all out in full pirate costume! Some wear a more subdued but still festive version, and some opt not to dress at all, so you can feel comfortable whichever route you choose.
- The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique transforms to the Pirates League, where girls and boys ages 3-12 can get pirate makeovers for the night.
- The pirate theme will take over activities in the kids club and family activities – Pirate dance party anyone?
- The characters will also be in their pirate best, making for some great meet and greet photos.
- Up on deck, grab a spot for the Pirates in the Caribbean deck party prior to the Buccaneer Blast.
- After fireworks, if you haven’t quite had your fill, head to Cabanas for a pirate-themed buffet – pirates may have peg legs, but they have quite the appetite for turkey legs!
Arrrrrrrrre you a pirate night fan? Tell me in the comments!
Are you deciding whether to book a Disney Cruise but are having a tough time picking which ship fits all of your desires? Well, our own Laurel Stewart has put together a chart that makes it easy to compare all of the options in one place. Also available as a valuable planning and companion guide from authors Len Testa, Erin Foster, and Laurel Stewart is The Unofficial Guide to the Disney Cruise Line. The companion guide contains a complete overview of each Disney ship as well as Castaway Cay and includes valuable tips on how to save time and money during your cruise!
Special thanks Scott Sanders of The DCL Blog for assistance on this article!
Thanks for joining me again this week. “Sea” you next time!!
The Disney Cruise Line Preview is brought to you by Storybook Destinations. Storybook Destinations specializes in Disney travel, is consistently highly rated by our readers, and is owned by our own blogger extraordinaire, Tammy Whiting. Storybook also offers free subscriptions to TouringPlans to clients with qualified bookings.